cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help changing setting for joining meeting via browser

PeopleSense
Listener

I accidently clicked an option in a pop-up window that opens all my Zoom meetings through the Zoom app; I want to join my meetings via my browser. I have looked everywhere to figure out how to change that setting; any ideas of how to get back to my browser view when joining a meeting? Many thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @PeopleSense

In your account management > account settings > In meeting advanced there is a setting called "join meeting from browser." Make sure that this setting is enabled (turned on) and then you can uninstall the Zoom app and join from a browser. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 5.02.04 PM.png

Let me know if this is helpful. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Brandon, thank you so much! I tried what you suggested (though not sure I successfully uninstalled the app; is that in my Control Panel?). It seems when I start a meeting that I have scheduled, it brings me in via browser now, so that's great. I just attempted to join a meeting that a colleague scheduled for next Monday and even though I couldn't get in (since the time wasn't right), I got this look and it makes me think it's the app. Any suggestions are so appreciated!