cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO AUDIO AND TEST MEETING DOES NOT TEST ANYTHING

asharpedge
Listener

I was just in a meeting earlier and the other person could not hear me. It was a courthouse that does this all the time so I can be pretty certain the issue was on my end.

Also, I had used Zoom last week and it worked fine with no audio issues.

I tried using the chat, but cannot do that without signing in. SO, I signed in and tried again. Then I am told my account does not have support! WTF!

I tried going to 'zoom.us//test' but that did nothing at all really. The instructions say the test meeting will display a pop-up window to test things. THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. The test video shows up and there is a small fixed window at the bottom of the page that is labeled 'test results' and says 'microphone' with a check mark and 'camera' with a check mark. I am not able to click on either of those items. Also it says "contract support" and is underlined like it is a link....However, it is not clickable.

SO, THE ZOOM TEST IS USELESS.

How can I test my audio to make sure it is being sent to the other end? 

2 REPLIES 2

aamadorj
Listener

I updated Zoom to latest version (5.14.6) just before a meeting this morning and during the meeting some of my cameras and all the microphones stopped working. On last Friday I used Zoom without issues. 

The only way to make the cameras and microphones work again was to restart the computer. I check video devices with the Windows Camera app and audio devices with the Windows Recorder app before running Zoom. As soon as Zoom is open the video and audio issues are back. I guess there's a problem with the recent Zoom update.

UPDATE: I uninstalled version Zoom 5.14.6 (15434) from the affected Windows PC and then installed previous version 5.14.5 (15287), which solved all the issues.

asharpedge
Listener

I also should have added that this was on an Android phone. The last update was on April 18th, 2023. This was one day AFTER I used it last. The last time I used it was on April 17th, 2023 when it worked fine.

So, since I am not a paying customer I guess I am not able to complain or tell anyone about the problem.....Just great!