cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple ONGOING issues

AMYDELEON80031
Listener

I have been having multiple Zoom issues that remain unsolved: attempted to resolve through the Chat Bot, the automated line AND by searching through the Community hub (several times) to no avail. I host an international support group for a rare disease called Ataxia. I do have a Pro account & am using a desktop computer (not phone or tablet).

1. OLD meeting links were/are not showing up in my “Meetings” tab - therefore, I could not edit them to enable the Waiting Room. (We were having an issue where I didn’t want a specific participant to access the meeting due to his harassing behavior.) I really wanted to keep the OLD meeting links.
  2. Old meeting links were started 2017 or 18 … They still worked even now. All of my participants had been using those links with regularity. Those links were familiar & had a great reputation for ALWAYS working. 
  3. I set up NEW meetings that DO have the security settings we needed & DO show in my “Meetings” tab, but I could only add 1 co-host  - who does NOT have a pro account. I kept getting an error message when trying to add a 2nd co-host - who does or did have a Pro account. (Her account was mysteriously deleted - but that’s her can of worms to open.)
  4. Today ( 01/19/2024) participants (all) reported that the NEW link/meeting ID, for the 1st time-slot, was not working for them . NEW meeting info for 1st time-slot - and some participants were asked for a password. (I’m guessing they weren’t logged into their Zoom account? But IDK)
  5. The NEW Link/Meeting ID for the 2nd time-slot of the day (I have 2 scheduled every Friday) worked for the participants of the 1st time-slot, and thankfully, for the participants of the 2nd time-slot.
  6. We were all (participants & Hosts) booted/kicked out of our meeting today, very randomly (meaning I didn’t end the meeting or click anything).

Troubleshooting things myself and attempting to resolve this through Zoom CS is time consuming & frustrating. I even sent an email to Zoom when these problems 1st arose (November 2023) but never received a response. I want to resolve this, but am having a difficult time getting to even communicate with a real person!

7 REPLIES 7

AMYDELEON80031
Listener

Zoom error message.png

AMYDELEON80031
Listener

1 of my participants got that message above

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

That is because you have

"Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars" turned on in settings. See this link for details

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061263

Thanks, that may solve the issue of 1 thing - I went in & adjusted my meeting settings. We'll see how today goes! High hopes - thanks again! 🙂

Hi @AMYDELEON80031! @storyhub provided a useful answer, did it help resolve your issue? If so, please don't forget to select "Accept as Solution" for their reply so other users with similar questions can easily find your post. If you still need further assistance, let us know! 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Did not address all my issues, but hopefully did solve 1!

storyhub

3. Your co-hosting is related to the authentication requirement being turned on in settings.

Be sure that ALL hosts and participants are using the latest version of Zoom for their device. A lot has changed recently, including the requirement to stay current on the latest version.

Consider turning OFF the authentication requirement and control unwanted participants by removing them. Make sure that the setting "Allow removed participants to rejoin" is turned off before starting the session.