cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Emoji option on Zoom Chat

vrock
Listener

When in zoom meeting my chat window does not have emoji option. Happens whether attendee or co-host. All other attendees have it.  This has been going on all week.  I have used multiple computers, multiple zoom accounts, and reinstalled zoom twice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vrock
Listener

FIXED 😀 Go to settings and enable allow participants to react during meetings.  This will allow you to use emoji no matter the version.  2 months to find solution but ALL good now👏

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi vrock.

Do you use the Zoom application installed on your computer? If so, what version of Zoom do you have? It's updated?

Wences

vrock
Listener

I am on a free account and have fast updates on.  Shows version 15.7.2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @vrock welcome to the community! My first thought is either the host has this disabled for all attendees, or you maybe have this disabled for the account within the web portal settings at https://zoom.us/profile/setting, you can search "emoji" when looking at the Meeting settings to see if there is anything you maybe have disabled

For example:

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 9.22.50 AM.png

Suggest checking the settings to see if anything is disabled. If everything is fine, I would recommend contacting the host to check those settings as well.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you. Unfortunately I have explored all of your solutions. I can only find ONE other person that has issue in this meeting and she is a techie. Frustrated.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @vrock interesting.. can you please elaborate more as to specifically what reactions you're having issues with? Are you referring to in-meeting chat emojis or non-verbal reactions? Differ in the slightest ways - terminology wise. 

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 9.58.25 AM.png

Can you also please let me the roles within the meeting that are having these issues, e.g. "Host", "Co-host", or "Attendee"?

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Only in chat window itself. Reactions are working. Occurs whether I am attendee or cohost. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @vrock so interesting.. do you have access to communicating with the host to check their emoji reaction settings from https://zoom.us/profile/setting? If so, let me know if that's something they could double-check for us.

I disabled the ability to "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis", from the web portal, as the host, and this is what I experienced and maybe thinking the host disabled emoji reactions (just my theory here), which seems to disable all emoji reactions (even .gifs) for all roles within a meeting e.g., "Host", "Co-host", or "Attendee".

Please see screenshot 👇

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 11.14.32 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Yes that is not it since only happening to two of us???

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@vrock that is where I am a bit stumped - and not seeing any other similar cases to yours. Let me do a bit more research as to what maybe causing this. I see you're running the latest version, which I don't believe this would matter. 🤔

My only other suggest in the meantime would be Uninstalling and reinstalling the Zoom application and creating a test meeting to seeing if the emoji option is still not available to you. 

Note that when uninstall and reinstalling, if on windows, please utilize the Clean Zoom, where this will remove Zoom completely, including any configuration files.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I have already installed and uninstalled twice on two different zoom accounts. I have test meetings with myself on my accounts. All good until I join one particular meeting. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @vrock do you mind DM'ing me more detail about the meeting? Specifically the meeting ID if you're able to. Thank you! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I believe that person has this option turned off "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis". I had the same issue for only my personal meetings, I just fixed it by enabling this option. You could maybe ask them to enable it too

I am having the same issue and it's says that its' locked by admin but I am the admin, This is my zoom account.  see image. 

Hi!  I am having the same problem.  Emojis are not showing up on my end is a particular zoom meeting.   I have reinstalled zoom and cleared my cache and I am still running into this problem.  Please help.  attached is what it currently looks like on my end.  

vrock
Listener

It happens ONLY in chat window of live zoom meeting. I have reactions.  It happens when I am cohost or attendee. 

Then its probably that the host has turned off this setting "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

RobP2024
Listener

My chat emojis disappeared at some point - presumably due to a Zoom update. I made no changes to settings, and others guests in the meeting (where I am also a guest) have them and I can see them using them. Just now I started my own meeting as a test (5.17.5 Zoom App version on Win 11) and also see no chat emoji option. (only Format and File.)  I looked at my chat setting (at zoom.com) and everything is enabled. WTF?

I have done everything suggested multiple times. No luck. Frustrated 

Hiiii, I had the same issue after an update and had been so frustrated until like 5 minutes ago. I just fixed it, you just need to go to the zoom portal here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting?  and then enable this option "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

Hiiii, I had the same issue after an update and had been so frustrated until like 5 minutes ago. I just fixed it, you just need to go to the zoom portal here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting?  and then enable this option "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

I have the EXACT same issue - others in the chat have emoji options, only format and file for me.  I have uninstalled and re-installed zoom multiple times.  The meeting host has everything enabled....I am highly frustrated as well.  

RobP2024
Listener

Well this gets stranger and stranger. as a guest I joined a zoom session. I have not been on in a while, and there I had emojis!! Nothing about the above reported situation has changed regarding my own zoom session or joining other sessions, where I have still no emojis. HOW can this be?? 

I had the same situation, when i used to join other's meetings, there was the option for emojis, but for my own meeting, there was none. I just fixed it a while ago, you could try to go to the zoom portal here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting?  and then enable this option "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

faiza_ambreen
Listener

I had the same situation, when i used to join other's meetings, there was the option for emojis, but for my own meeting, there was none. I just fixed it a while ago, you could try to go to the zoom portal here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting?  and then enable this option "Allow participants to react to meeting chat messages using emojis

It only happens to me in 2 meetings that are not my own.  They have enabled and I cannot find but one other participant in meeting that has disabled and unable to use emoji in chat.  There are 235 participants in meeting.  This keeps awake. Thank you for any help you can give

vrock
Listener

FIXED 😀 Go to settings and enable allow participants to react during meetings.  This will allow you to use emoji no matter the version.  2 months to find solution but ALL good now👏

I’m glad it worked for you- I have also made sure it is allowed in my profile.  That only affects the meetings I set up.  I have no problems in other meetings only this one with the same originator twice a week. I have re installed multiple times cleared cache and still no fix.  Zoom support is non existent 

darkeyesdreamer
Listener

Hello!  I am also having the problem that I cannot add an emoji in a zoom meeting or react to a comment.  Its only for one particular zoom meeting that I have weekly.  The host of the meeting has checked her settings and I seem to be the only one that is having this problem.   I have reinstalled zoom 2x as well as cleared the cache and still not able to comment or react with an emoji.  I am including a screen shot of what my chat box looks like during this meeting and how it's missing the emoji.   I have reached out to zoom several times and no one has been able to assist me.   My zoom account is updated as well.  

Still in the same boat with you! I have asked the meeting holder to check their settings - they said they have, but who knows! The meeting organizer should not have that control IMO anyway…. 

Agreed and the meeting host checked all their settings and it's aligned.  I just don't know what else to do and its super frustrating that the help isn't there.