cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meetings remain accessible after meeting time

SLUMission
Listener

When a scheduled meeting is past it's scheduled time (e.g. days after scheduled time), individuals can still be granted access to the meeting with the link and ID and password.  Is there a way to allow for scheduled meeting links to become inactive or inaccessible automatically once their meeting time has passed?

Regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @SLUMission 

You have 2 options: 

• Set the behavior of Allow participants to join before host to just 5/10/15 minutes before the scheduled time. If a user tries to join before that time frame or after the meeting is over, they will not be able to actually join the session, just asked to wait for the host to start. 
  • If you don't want even that to happen, then you need to manually delete the meeting once you've finished hosting the session. Otherwise the links will still be active for about a month. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @SLUMission 

You have 2 options: 

• Set the behavior of Allow participants to join before host to just 5/10/15 minutes before the scheduled time. If a user tries to join before that time frame or after the meeting is over, they will not be able to actually join the session, just asked to wait for the host to start. 
  • If you don't want even that to happen, then you need to manually delete the meeting once you've finished hosting the session. Otherwise the links will still be active for about a month. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

realwru69
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Bort, I also have this question from one big Zoom customer.

First option is not suitable.

Second option seems to be the only one work arround to avoid users to reuse the meetings.

But what happens if all past meetings will be deleted? Are they still available from reports or Dashboard?

Thanks.

SLUMission
Listener

Thanks @Bort for your response.  

I always set scheduled meetings to allow participants to join 15 mins before host.  It still allows persons to join and proceed directly into the meeting some 18 hours after.

So I guess I will have to resort to option 2.

Thanks for your help again.