cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting finishing at 40' using a Pro account

natashag
Listener

I am a Pro user but when I was on a meeting that was scheduled for one hour, a countdown timer popped up letting us know it would finish at 40 minutes. Does anybody know why this is happening?

1 REPLY 1

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. Regarding the meeting with the 40-minute countdown timer - was this a meeting that you were hosting with your Pro account? Is there any chance someone with a Zoom Basic account was hosting, and you joined their meeting? 

If you were the host and it was your meeting, do you have two Zoom accounts? I do have two Zoom accounts for testing. I have a Pro and a Basic account. I'm asking just in case you were hosting but did the meeting with a Basic account. 

Testing - If someone were hosting with a Basic account, that would be the answer. If you know if was your meeting with your Pro account, I would launch the Zoom app and start another meeting. You can open your profile in a meeting. Some users don't know you can do that, but it is a handy feature.  I detailed the four steps in the screenshot below with numbers. 

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution

Thank you!