cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting URL not working when rescheduling occurrence of a repeating meeting.

pehein
Listener

Hi

I have a recurring Zoom meeting series (bi-weekly). Frequently I need to shift one of these meetings to another time or day (only one occurrence, not the whole series). However, when I reschedule in the calendar app or in Outlook, the meeting URL no longer works for that meeting.

Any suggestions on how to keep a functioning link in the invite would be great!

Thanks

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

You can reschedule your upcoming Zoom meeting to a new time using the calendar invite that contains your Meeting ID and other meeting information.

Note: Any edits to a meeting that is currently in progress will not take effect. The meeting must be ended and restarted for the changes to take effect.

To reschedule a Zoom Meeting:

• If you need to reschedule a meeting, simply update your schedule on your calendar.
  • It is not necessary to update the meeting on the Zoom scheduler unless the rescheduled date is more than 30 days away for a non-recurring meeting.

Rescheduling a meeting – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

Jameswalter
Participant

Hover over the name of the recurring meeting you want to edit, then click Edit. When asked if you want to edit all recurring meetings, click Edit All Occurrences. Edit the recurrence as needed.

James

pehein
Listener

Thanks all! We had another case where I rescheduled one instance of a recurring meeting. I confirmed I was signed into Zoom (via Outlook) when I rescheduled; however when the meeting time arrived the link again didn't work. I wonder whether there's something in our settings that causes this?

I'll try to get a direct contact with a Zoom Helpdesk (if one exists, not easy to find on the site...)