cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC ZOOM SCREEN SHARE ADVANCED OPTIONS NOT AVAILABLE AND PORTION OF SCREEN IS NOT ADJUSTABLE

Hifza101
Listener

I just recently got a mac and downloaded zoom on to it. Immediately the very first issue I ran into was I was unable to fully use the screen share options. When I click advanced, and I click "share portion" I am not able to adjust the portion of the screen I am sharing. This was not a problem on windows at all. Yes I have updated zoom and my mac. Yes I have given all necessary permissions. Now the problem is worse, and I don't even SEE other screen sharing options. As soon as I click screen share, it automatically just shares my desktop screen without even giving me any other options. This has been a very very frustrating journey because I can not figure out if this is a zoom related issue of mac. However, since I use zoom even on my windows and never ran into this issue including now, I wonder if it is a mac issue. Regardless, has anyone else ran into screen sharing issues with a mac???

4 REPLIES 4

Humashankar
Participant

HI @Hifza101 

Try to check this from Zoom end - selecting "Preferences," then clicking on the "General" tab, and finally clicking "Reset to Defaults."

From Mac end - Go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Screen Recording, and doubl check that the applications you want to share your screen with are listed and checked

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

The issue is also that the portion of the screen size is not being adjustable. It just looks like a tiny green square. 

Hi @Hifza101 Would you mind share a screen shot of the visual ?

Meantime i can sense on the issue - can you try running through this page for more help and understanding - Adjusting your video layout during a virtual meeting - Zoom Support

Huma

im not able to upload a pic for some reason but you know how the regular picture share portion of screen green box looks? well its like that but its just very very very small. Like the size of an icon on the desktop and its not resizable