cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low audio volume

JudithP
Listener

Hi,

since I updated Zoom to version 6.0.x on my laptop (windows 10), the audio volume is very low.

I've not been in a larger meeting since the update, only one-on-one meetings. My audio volume is just like always, I can hear just fine in every other application. The sound test in zoom is also ok, I hear myself clearly, the volume of the test sound is adequate. 

However, I can hardly hear the people that are in the meeting with me.  I have to turn up the volume on my laptop to a degree, that it hurts my ears when I run an audio anywhere else.

What can I do to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

Every participant controls their own mic level which would be your input audio. The Zoom speaker volume control controls the master volume for your hardware which is the same volume Windows operating system controls for your hardware. Windows also has its own volume mixer that can control the volume of each app that is open. Right click the speaker icon in the Windows system tray (taskbar far right), select volume mixer and be sure that Zoom meeting and Zoom workplace volumes are at 100% and that all the volumes are at 100%. Most likely the other participants may be sending audio that is too low for your laptop speakers. If you are speaking as well as listening then I would suggest using a headset or headphones to avoid feeding back sound from your speakers to your microphone.

JudithP
Listener

Just in case someone has the same problem and the audio volumes were already at 100% (as suggested by the previous reply):

Today, I solved it for me: I once again looked through all the audio options and found the advanced options button at the bottom of the screen (it's "erweitert" in my German version). I switched the first option (Signalverarbeitung durch Windows-Audiogerätetreiber - so probably something about signal processing by windows audio drivers in English) to "On (Windows - Standard)" instead of automatic, now everything is working fine again. It was the same for my meeting partner.

You are a life saver. TY. Worked here.

Frank_TB

Hello,

Try doing a Zoom test meeting and follow the on screen prompts and see if it helps you.

https://zoom.us/test 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!