cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux clent too big on Linux Mint XFCE on 4K monitor

FrankB616
Listener

Linux Zoom client up to 5.15.12 worked fine on Linux Mint XFCE using the screen scaling XFCE provides for 4K monitors.  Version 5.16.0 now shows up VERY big and the usual fixes of adjusting zoomus.conf values of AutoScale and ScaleFactor will not make it any smaller.  ScaleFactor will make it bigger still.  If ScaleFactor would accept a fractional value (like 0.5) the issue would be addressed.  It only appears to accept integers.

Something changed between 5.15.12 and 5.16.0 that has broken the image size.  I've been waiting for a subsequent update to address this, but nothing so far.

Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FrankB616
Listener

Correction: ScaleFactor is still there in the config file.  I just missed it.

Installing 5.17.5 worked on my desktop machine with 4k monitor, but not on my 17" 4K laptop, where Zoom was still huge.  Both machines have Nvidia cards (differet models) and both were using the same Nvidia 5.25 driver.  Weird.

Before filing a support ticket, I decided to update the driver to 5.35 on the laptop.  It now works as it should running Zoom 5.17.5

So, problem solved.  Thanks for your help and willingness to participate.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IsaiahFrantz
Listener

There is a newer v5.17.1 available, maybe it will resolve your issues?

Release notes for Linux - Zoom Support

Thank you for the reply. No joy.  I see that ScaleFactor has now been removed from the zoomus.conf file, however.  I also tried it with KDE (Kubuntu) and got the same results as with XFCE.  Time to post a support ticket, I guess.

Sorry for the long delay time in responding.  We were away on vacation.

FrankB616
Listener

Correction: ScaleFactor is still there in the config file.  I just missed it.

Installing 5.17.5 worked on my desktop machine with 4k monitor, but not on my 17" 4K laptop, where Zoom was still huge.  Both machines have Nvidia cards (differet models) and both were using the same Nvidia 5.25 driver.  Weird.

Before filing a support ticket, I decided to update the driver to 5.35 on the laptop.  It now works as it should running Zoom 5.17.5

So, problem solved.  Thanks for your help and willingness to participate.