cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Zoom meeting by scanning a qr code from a mobile device

avs
Listener

Hello Zoom,

Are there any plans to add Joining Zoom meeting by scanning a qr code from a mobile device?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

You can load the meeting Join URL into a QR code now with any of the available QR code generators.  Zoom provides the clickable link; I’m not sure why anyone with the link would need a QR code.

But you could make a feature request here:

https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

QR codes are good to add to flyers for public lectures or other events that will be streamed via zoom.  A student who picks up a flyer or takes a picture of it with their phone won't have a clickable link, but they'll be able to use the qr code to join the meeting.  

pelguera
Listener

Accepted

raylight
Observer

I have been able to create the QR code to "join meeting", but what I really need is a QR code to an invite so people can scan a flyer (hanging in a kiosk) for a future event. Any ideas how to do that?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @raylight.

There’s really no magic to it.  The main use of QR codes is to make a URL easy to distribute. Whether it’s a URL to a web page, a Meeting Join link, or a Webinar Registration page – just make a QR code of the link you have. Just be sure to test it before publishing it. 

raylight
Observer

Thanks for responding. To my knowledge, meeting invites don't have a URL for me to link to a QR code. Do I need to upgrade it to a Webinar instead of a Meeting in order to get a URL to the "invite"? As mentioned, I don't want scanning of the QR code to take the person into the meeting directly.

Ray_Harwood

I guess I was thinking more about an “invitation to register”. 

In your case, if you want to invite someone to the meeting, aren’t you really just wanting to put the Join link in the URL and some text that says “Join this meeting Thursday at 5pm”?  You’re probably better off creating a web page with more information, and pointing to that; put the Join link there. But be careful: This much exposure attracts “bad actors” intending on causing trouble. Registration is your best option to at least have some knowledge of who is planning to attend. 

raylight
Observer

Thanks. I don't have a web page, so I guess I'll try creating a webinar and linking the QR code to the Registration page. Much appreciated.