cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues when screen sharing embedded video in PowerPoint via either locally, on iCloud or Office 365

AMA1
Listener

Some of our contract instructors are experiencing latency when starting and embedded video in PowerPoint. For several months the issue has not been present, but it has surfaced over the last 2 weeks. One in particular is using a MacBook Air with 2T HD, 24GB RAM and Apple M2 Chip. Upload speeds are near 300Mbps - Upload 25Mbps. This seasoned Zoom user had Optimize for Video Clip and Share Sound selected. Performed a fresh restart of her device, and restarted the internet router and hardwired. When starting the video, the audio was late to start, video was choppy.  

We tried various scenarios. Playing form the could(s) and playing directly from the local hard drive with cloud disabled.  I shared from my desktop Win11, 1T HD, 16GB and it worked fine. 

I sent her the link to install the Zoom App for the Silicon chip and have not tested yet. However, if anyone in the Community can offer any similar situations and have/had a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Aja

1 REPLY 1

CAD1
Listener

Same problem here. Since weeks it's impossible to show videos in a Powerpoint presentation.

If we share screen, for example with a browser video, there is no problem.