cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue installing desktop app on Mac

gabymuldoon
Listener

For a number of weeks my Zoom desktop app on my MacBook Pro was not working - each time I opened the app it would run an install screen and fail. I would then hit retry and it would let me log in.

Finally today I decided to uninstall the app by going to the Applications folder and dragging to the waste bin and deleting. Then I restarted and downloaded the latest install for the Zoom Desktop Client here: https://zoom.us/download

When I run the install it fails - see screen grab attached.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Side note: I'm on a 2019 MBP ad have the latest macOS Ventura 13.2.1

7 REPLIES 7

sculptoman
Listener

I have the same problem with Ventura on an M1 mac mini. Zoom was working fine until I upgraded to 13.2.1.I downloaded the MAC M1 cpu version.  Apparently, many other MAC users are experiencing the same problem.

It took several months of back and forth with Zoom tech support. They finally got to version 5.14.0 (16775) which downloaded, installed, and executed properly on my M1 MAC Mini. I couldn't get any support when I was using the free version. I bit the bullet and subscribed on a monthly basis. Then I could initiate a support ticket.

sejo
Listener

same problem.  Zoom is useless to help and so is Apple.  Bought this new macbook air in order to improve zoom and other features.  Ironic that Zoom won't even assist because my account is a free account.  They don't even offer a way to work with them.  Zero customer support

PhilipSchwartz
Listener

Zoom sucks. No support. Says the type of support it offers my plan but won't permit access. Having the same problem. Apparently the hardware has outgrown the software. But if some one figures out why its failing, please share as I am experiencing the same issues.

I agree that there should be some tech support for free users. Perhaps a one time fee?  I couldn't get any support when I was using the free version. I bit the bullet and subscribed on a monthly basis. Then I could initiate a support ticket. It took several months of back and forth with Zoom tech support. They finally got to version 5.14.0 (16775) which downloaded, installed, and executed properly on my M1 MAC Mini.

Try to download version 5.14.0 (16775). It downloaded, installed, and executed properly on my M1 MAC Mini. I had to buy a monthly subscription to get any tech support.

sculptoman
Listener

I couldn't get any support when I was using the free version. I bit the bullet and subscribed on a monthly basis. Then I could initiate a support ticket. It took several months of back and forth with Zoom tech support. They finally got to version 5.14.0 (16775) which downloaded, installed, and executed properly on my M1 MAC Mini.