cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to migrate specific users from one Zoom account to another?

amandacoyne
Listener

Several employees at my organization have been working to establish a new company. IT has been tasked with transitioning their Zoom accounts out of our account and into a new account. These users have assets like call recording, etc. they would like to transition to the new account. Is this possible? Note the users being transitioned out already have accounts using the new company email domain within our account.

The obvious answer is to create a new Zoom account and have them start from scratch, but we are trying to avoid that. 

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @amandacoyne

There is a manual way to do this by disassociating the users from one account and then associating the same users to the new account, but note that they will not keep all of their licensing and data. To do this migration where the data can potentially stay with the users, you'll need to reach out to our support Technical Engineers, who can help you with the migration. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

amandacoyne
Listener

Thank you for the quick response, Brandon! 

Can you clarify what data will be lost if the manual way is selected? I found the following snippet that states settings, recordings, etc., will carry over after unlinking, assuming the proper license is applied to the new account. 

amandacoyne_0-1668710461255.png

Also, is a specific plan level required to access support Technical Engineers? I've struggled to connect with Zoom support beyond the chat bot.