cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual audio and video tracks for editing

bigcaat
Listener

Okay. So do I have this right? If I record to the cloud I can get the main video feed along with the gallery video feed, but not individual video feeds and not individual audio feeds.

OTOH, if I record locally, I can get individual audio feeds, but only the main video feed?

This makes no sense. Is there no way of being able to record and download:
--  The main video feed
-- The main audio feed
-- The Gallery video Feed
-- Each individual video feed
-- And, each individual audio feed?

As an editor, it would make life so much easier to have all of these feeds to work with  rather than having to choose between having individual audio and individual video. 

If anyone knows a way of getting all of this, please share. I'd greatly appreciate it because it makes absolutely no sense on Zoom's part to make me choose between audio and video B-Roll. 

Thanks in advance,
Caat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @bigcaat 

I do a lot of editing of raw Zoom video for clients. Local recording definitely doesn’t cut it. 

My suggestion: get everything in the Cloud setup:

Ray_Harwood_0-1684724699082.png

Check the ones with green arrows; don’t check the ones with red circles; experimenting with the yellow circled one… I generally leave it unchecked.  See these post-edit video playlist using the raw Zoom feeds I mentioned above:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-sqxu_FjyQzw7sLhfPIBOwUsD_H9yTGZ 

For ISO audio, you have to download those separately, but very helpful when you've got panelists that don’t mute/unmute properly. 

The gallery view can be helpful, but sometimes it’s not optimal. To get true ISO video, look into ZoomISO from LiminalET. They’re owned by Zoom now, and ZoomISO only runs on Mac, so if you’re a heavy PC shop, this may require some outside-the-box decision-making.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @bigcaat 

I do a lot of editing of raw Zoom video for clients. Local recording definitely doesn’t cut it. 

My suggestion: get everything in the Cloud setup:

Ray_Harwood_0-1684724699082.png

Check the ones with green arrows; don’t check the ones with red circles; experimenting with the yellow circled one… I generally leave it unchecked.  See these post-edit video playlist using the raw Zoom feeds I mentioned above:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-sqxu_FjyQzw7sLhfPIBOwUsD_H9yTGZ 

For ISO audio, you have to download those separately, but very helpful when you've got panelists that don’t mute/unmute properly. 

The gallery view can be helpful, but sometimes it’s not optimal. To get true ISO video, look into ZoomISO from LiminalET. They’re owned by Zoom now, and ZoomISO only runs on Mac, so if you’re a heavy PC shop, this may require some outside-the-box decision-making.  

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

bigcaat
Listener

This is AWESOME! THANK You! I have a zoom meeting tomorrow. I will give it all a shot. I really appreciate it. 🙂

bigcaat
Listener

Ray, 

Just woke up and checked my cloud recording settings. Everything in the top section was checked exactly the way you posted. There were a couple differences in the advanced section (I had "record thumbnails" which I unchecked, and "Optimize recoding" was checked", so now I've checked the bottom three, as well. So I will see if it makes a difference. 

When I did start to download with the settings I had before, I got the following notification:

Untitled.jpg

 I just downloaded it again, and got the same as I got before. It said there were 10 files. I ended up downloading 6 files. An audio file for each program (we recorded two that day), a gallery view for each, and a main speaker view for each. No independent audio and no independent video, which would have accounted for the 4 extra files.

When it says, I can download the separate audio files in 'the list', where is that list? (And I wonder if the separate video files are there, as well.) 

Anyway, I will try another today, with the updated boxes checked and see if it makes a difference. I feel, though that there are files lurking somewhere that I'm not aware of. 

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes today. 
Caat. 

Sorry.

Just found the list in Account Management > Recording Management. 
The separate audio files were there, not the separate speaker files. Which I can work with. As long as I have the gallery view, I can crop it, but I will be interested to see if the individual speaker files are recorded when I try it out later today with your updated settings. 

Thanks so much, Ray.
Caat