cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade my Zoom Pro by adding Large meeting addon. Does it affect my already scheduled meeting?

Pistachioscoop
Listener

I've made a meeting,  and turns out I need bigger capacity for the audience.  If I took the Large Meeting add-on now,  will it affect or benefit my prior-scheduled meeting?  Or do I have to make a new meeting?  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Pistachioscoop 

As long as you assign the large-meeting add-on to your profile before you start the meeting, the expanded capacity will be automatically applied to all your existing meetings. There is no need to schedule a new meeting in this case. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bort

Hi @Pistachioscoop 

As long as you assign the large-meeting add-on to your profile before you start the meeting, the expanded capacity will be automatically applied to all your existing meetings. There is no need to schedule a new meeting in this case. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Hi Bort, if I upgrade my account from a Basic account to a Pro account with the large-meeting add-on to my profile before my meeting, will the expanded capacity automatically apply to my upcoming meeting?

Bort

Hi @Jim4 , yes as long as the Pro license and the large meeting add-on are both assigned to your profile before you start the meeting, they will apply to any already scheduled meetings. I would also recommend signing out and back in on the desktop app before starting the meeting, to ensure the desktop app has synced your new licenses from the web.

Does this count for while you're in the middle of a meeting? For example, if I am hosting a webinar and my account caps at 3000 people, but it turns out that 4000 are trying to get into the event, can I upgrade my account in the middle of a webinar that is already live without impacting the existing meeting to let more people in? Or would I have to end the meeting and create a new link?

Pistachioscoop
Listener

@Bort Thank you!

pjsjaj
Listener

We got the Large Meeting add-on and it is active, but after reaching 100 approved registrants, the registration link now says "Registration is closed" Help! Any ideas what to do? Thanks. Also, we were told it takes one day to kick in?

Bort

Sorry that I missed your question here, @pjsjaj . Did you get this resolved? 

My colleague is also having this problem and I am trying to help her solve it.  She has done the add on in advance of meetings put in tickets and has been refunded several times when the capacity did not allow more guests into the meeting.  Please help - we have a big meeting tomorrow and would love to get this solved.