cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need control of the app / screen at this end

Zoompaloompa
Listener

Almost all of the meetings I attend are video off - outgoing, and video off - incoming. 

It's partly because I don't want to chew up heaps of data looking at heads... and they don't need to look at mine for hours.

I also live in a marginal reception area with a lot of congestion, and if the videos are turned on, it can make the connection drop out.

So the benefit of running audio only is twofold.

What I would like is to run a locked in audio only.

I can listen to the meeting and type and all that at the same time. 

But the bloody hosts keep on throwing up "Screen Sharing" and I hate it because I am usually typing a great deal and concentrating hard when the screen sharing pops up.

I'd really like to see the function of a straight audio only incoming and outgoing feed. AND I'd like to be able to LOCK OUT the host doing their screen sharing... because I hate the function frequently interrupting me while I work.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

It’s called a Conference Call, which Zoom doesn’t provide. If you have a Business or Enterprise account, there’s the PAC add-on; see this Zoom Support article

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Zoompaloompa
Listener

Yeah - it's a distinct issue, as in how do I shut down their ability, by the software running the system from my computer, at my end - since there is no facility to do this, AND so it's up to the people in the zoom company to implement this.

AND while your link has merit, it's actually setting up an audio only account / function, instead of cutting the head off the standard Zoom meeting, and the "hosts" ability to shove full screen sharing, into your own home screen.

Ray_Harwood

I suppose if you had 30 billion USD you could buy Zoom and do whatever you want with it (think Elon and Twitter). Zoom founder Eric Yuan left WebEx to build a better video conferencing and collaboration company. Even Zoom Phone has highly integrated video features. Just my opinion: I doubt the company is going to make a turn in the direction you’re talking about. 

You can always put in a feature request or product complaint to the Zoom staff (https://zoom.us/feed/).  But the volunteers in the Zoom Community are here mostly to help people use the existing products better. Sorry we can’t really be of much help to your request – that’s just the way it is.

One more option: get the Zoom SDK and build your own Zoom client without video screens. Several companies have built profitable products by customizing the Zoom SDK (liminalet.com, which just got bought by Zoom back in December). 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !