cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally clicked on stop converting button after ending the meeting

jasveen1391
Listener

I accidentally clicked on stop converting button after ending the meeting. Now I see partially converted mp4, mpa and recording.conf file in the folder for yesterday's meeting. Is there a way I can recover the full recording at this point? Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jasveen1391 thank you for posting for the first time and welcome to the Zoom Community!

Please try following the steps in this article to troubleshoot the local recording: https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061761

Let me know if that helps!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I checked the shared documentation and please check my below findings

1. I don't see a double_click_to_convert.zoom file in the recording folder. Only 3 files are there- video1504387511.mp4, audio1504387511.mpa and recording.conf file. Unfortunately the video file is only 28 seconds long.

2. I don't see a convert button under Recorded tab for yesterday's file. Buttons I see are Open, Play video, Play audio only and Delete.
Please suggest some other way!

jasveen1391
Listener

@CarlaA Please suggest if there's any way to get the full recording converted?

Hi @jasveen1391 

Have you tried all of the steps outlined in the support article to convert a recording manually?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Yes I did. I checked the shared documentation and please check my below findings

1. I don't see a double_click_to_convert.zoom file in the recording folder. Only 3 files are there- video1504387511.mp4, audio1504387511.mpa and recording.conf file. Unfortunately the video file is only 28 seconds long.

2. I don't see a convert button under Recorded tab for yesterday's file. Buttons I see are Open, Play video, Play audio only and Delete.
Please suggest some other way!

@Jennife Do you have any ideas on any steps that we could be missing here?

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Jennife
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi @CarlaA , sorry to say that but if the double click files are unavailable any more, the recording can't be recovered, under this premise, all attempts are in vain.

And as per @jasveen1391  described, there is no convert button, no more double click files, and the files name are .mp4/ m4a, instead of .tmp,

it seems like the convert has been finished(file content is incomplete)even though it was manually stopped, it's problem that we need to investigate.

@jasveen1391 hi, may I know your desktop platform, is it Mac or Windows?

If you can provide a screenshot (masked your personal information) of what you see under the Recorded tab, that  would be much more useful.

Regards

Hi @Jennife , thanks for your reply.

Everything you have mentioned is correct. I'd be more than happy to cooperate by providing info to help troubleshoot the issue.

My desktop platform is Mac. Please find below screenshot for the Recorded Tab on my Zoom desktop application. Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 10.13.56 AM.png

Jennife

@jasveen1391 Hi, thanks for your cooperation and I am sorry that your recording can not be recovered this time. 

You cloud please enable this option and it will keep the double-click files no matter whether the convert is finished or not. If you encounter this issue again, these files can be re-converted to get the full files.

Jennife_0-1704771289698.png