cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade to latest version when it won't let me sign in

tomkrug1
Listener

Tried to sign into the Windows Zoom Client this morning and got the following message: Your app version needs to be 5.10.3 or higher to sign in.  Please contact your IT team to update your app.  I don't have an IT team.  It is only me and because I am on the Pro Plan, I can't connect to live chat to ask the question of how to update version in this situation.  This is beyond frustrating! Can anyone help?

13 REPLIES 13

Stu_Haney
Listener

I am exactly the same boat.  I just submitted a ticket and am waiting for a response.  If I hear anything I will update this here.

Please  refer to solution in steps I provided in PDF file above.  You must uninstall the version you have, download the most recent and install to REPLACE then only sign in when you performed those steps SUCCESSFULLY.

MsKellee
Listener

Same here! Ugh! Hope this gets resolved soon! 

Entire company is facing this issue. Users are trying to sign into the Windows Zoom Client this morning and got the following message: Your app version needs to be 5.10.3 or higher to sign in.  Please contact your IT team to update your app.  We did not set minimum version in our zoom admin console. This is beyond frustrating!

Thanks that worked for me too

Stu_Haney
Listener

This worked for me!

Stu_Haney_0-1675696454600.png

It worked! I used the zoom clean option, then I was able to download as if new.  Thank you Stu_Haney!  

tomkrug1
Listener

Hey, thanks.  That's a common-sense solution I should have thought of myself.  Better yet, the geniuses at Zoom who rendered the old version of the program useless (and their customers in this bind) should have composed a message to that effect instead of the useless "contact your IT team" one they left.

No, the programmers SHOULD have made it say AND DO:

[ ... please wait ... updating ... ]

And have it automatically fix itself.

That's what some programmers are tasked with doing, instead of expecting the end user to compensate.

Instead of automating ONCE, thousands of customers ( non-programmers ) have to follow the steps that are sort of explained here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati...

and run:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360084068792/CleanZoom.zip

and try:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7970865190285-Clearing-Zoom-cache-and-cookies

Oy.

Appropriate programming staff would have automated all that so the end-user never gets involved.

Thanks for exploring this and sharing.

And project an program managers, Systems Analysts, and the QA Analysts own some of the blame too. Programmers code what's in the requirements. The project managers, etc. are responsible for making sure those requirements include bug fixes. In speaking to other users with paid accounts, this issue has arisen more than this once. Surely the company logs bugs and enhancement requests somewhere. Every company I worked for in my days as a project manager, IT manager, and as a Business Systems Analyst did. In fact I was responsible for keeping this type of information up-to-date and making sure it was all prioritized. Maybe Zoom doesn't feel we pay enough for them to make this issue a development priority.
I am going to dig in and try to solutions noted above and see if I can get my desktop app working again. If not, I will start looking for alternative solutions. 

Fiona888
Listener

I LOVED Zoom.  Note the past tense.  From today I HATE Zoom. I am a small business.  I couldn't access as normal yesterday nor today. I have a client meeting upcoming so need to be on the case.  To get the current version it has been beyond painful.  I tried the IA assistant but went round in circles, so I called.... but I am not important enough to have access to phone support: that in itself took a while to identify.  And then when I have got there (thanks to others in the community: I owe you a coffee!)  none of my Zoom backdrops are saved (obviously none of the community's fault!), so I shall have to go back & load them.  Really beyond disappointed, given I am paying for this.

Lyah
Listener

Here's  the solution with latest zoom version installation, providing  you uninstall the previous one.