cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get into a meeting via a link when you have two zoom accounts -

oonie28137
Listener

Hi, 

I have two separate zoom accounts, one for business and one for personal use.  How do I set up my account so that when I join a meeting via a link, it goes to the correct zoom account?  Help!

3 REPLIES 3

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @oonie28137 thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! Great question, keep in mind when you click a join link the Zoom client is going to launch and use whatever user credentials you are currently signed in with. If you know you are about to click a business meeting link, just go into your Zoom client, click your picture in the upper right corner, and select "Switch Account."

jeremyjustin_0-1643246209477.jpeg

Sign in with your business account, then go back and click the link to join the meeting. 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hi,  Thanks for your reply.  I don't have a separate "business" account.  I just have two personal accounts that I use for different purposes.  When I try to click a zoom link for a meeting  - it says "website url" - shouldn't I get right into the meeting?  It doesn't take me to the meeting!  Am having difficulties getting into links.  I always have to type in the meeting ID etc. and don't always have that information.  Please help!  I appreciate your advice.

jeremyjustin

Hi @oonie28137 thank you for the additional information! Sure thing, just remember the Zoom client is going to launch when you click the meeting link. Technically the process is

- a web browser link comes up quickly to actually "open" the meeting link.

- if your computer is set to open zoommtg links with Zoom.exe (on Windows) then the Zoom client will launch automatically and use whatever account you are signed into the client with.

- if your computer doesn't open the Zoom client, see if there is a pop up where you can pick the Zoom client to open those types of links and also put a check in the box to "always use this application type for these links" or something to that effect

- you may also see a pop up asking if Zoom should be used to open links from company xyz or something to that effect. You can put a check in a box to always allow Zoom to open links from that company. But this is the only other pop up that you may sometimes see, otherwise the meeting links should open the web browser tab quickly, launch your Zoom client, use the email you're logged into the client with, and put you into the meeting or waiting room. 

Does that help?

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!