cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete 1 meeting in a recurring series & have end move along?

LinM
Listener

We run classes in series of 6.  So, I set up a series of recurring meetings that end after 6 occurrences.  Occasionally, after the series has started, I may need to delete one meeting.  I would like to have it delete and then the end move along 1 week.  So, it remains 6 occurrences but with 1 deleted in the middle.  Is there a way to do this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LinM.

That's not quite how it works... but you've got the right idea, and I think you can tweak your approach to make it work.

When you create the recurring series, Zoom just makes separate entries in a database for each of the occurrences.  When you DELETE one of them, it's gone, and the others that existed remain.

Instead of DELETING one meeting occurrence, try changing the date of the unwanted occurrence to the next date of the series.  It requires you do to the work -- but it's not too difficult... and easier than deleting and creating a new one!

Give that a try...I'm 99% sure it'll work.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

LinM
Listener

This worked beautifully!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @LinM.

That's not quite how it works... but you've got the right idea, and I think you can tweak your approach to make it work.

When you create the recurring series, Zoom just makes separate entries in a database for each of the occurrences.  When you DELETE one of them, it's gone, and the others that existed remain.

Instead of DELETING one meeting occurrence, try changing the date of the unwanted occurrence to the next date of the series.  It requires you do to the work -- but it's not too difficult... and easier than deleting and creating a new one!

Give that a try...I'm 99% sure it'll work.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

LinM
Listener

That sounds like a great idea!  I will give it a try!

LinM
Listener

This worked beautifully!!

EllenW
Listener

2023-10-20: Hi, I needed to do this, too. It turns out that now (as of Oct. 2023), you can click on the occurrence of the meeting you want to delete, where it shows up in your list of upcoming meetings in Zoom. (Click on 'Meetings' at the top of your Zoom desktop application, then select the 'Upcoming Meetings' tab on the left. You'll see your list of upcoming meetings listed in a column on the left.

Find the occurrence you want to delete in that list and click on it. That occurrence info shows up in your center main panel in Zoom. There in the middle, once you have the occurrence open, you can click 'Edit', to edit that occurrence. After clicking 'Edit', you get the option to click 'Delete', and if you click that, you get the choice of deleting either just that occurrence, or, deleting the whole occurring series. I deleted the undesired occurrence. The occurrence disappeared from the list of upcoming meetings on the left. As well, I received an email confirming that it was deleted. The rest of the occurrences remained in the list of upcoming meetings on the left.