cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does audio sharing actually work ?

rackem
Listener

When sharing a video, users say the audio is somewhat degraded.   When I turn my computer speakers off the users hear nothing.  I therefore think that the audio output from my speakers is heard by the microphone and then sent to the users.   So a poor microphone could be my issue.  Is this thinking right ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now all works properly.  I needed to select 'share sound' when sharing video.  Now the sound is clear and is picked up internally.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Sounds like you did not properly share the video.  Go to screen share > advanced tab > click on video (notice that when you do it also checks share sound and optimize for video clip) > click share. If you have speakers on in the room be sure to mute your mic on Zoom. If you mute the speaker on the computer you will mute the shared audio since Zoom is capturing the computer's default speaker audio.

rackem
Listener

When I mute my mic then users hear nothing.

I am thinking sharing video and audio is designed to be from a local source (file).
Makes sense that Zoom would not support sharing a video being played over the web.

Now all works properly.  I needed to select 'share sound' when sharing video.  Now the sound is clear and is picked up internally.