cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a Zoom Host access the "recorded name" provided by a phone caller when they connect?

CliveHannah
Listener

How does a Zoom Host access the "recorded name" provided by a phone caller when they connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Humashankar
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CliveHannah 

You're right, it's more of a missing feature than a bug in Zoom. While system captures participant names, it doesn't currently integrate the recorded name provided by phone callers. The feedback you received makes sense - it can be odd to enter a name and then be asked again

Only suggestion would be to, briefly acknowledge that phone participants won't see their recorded names reflected on the start of meeting and you can also write to zoom support to get that as a future enhancements !!

Warm regards 

Huma

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Humashankar

Hi @CliveHannah 

Here is the steps to accomplish it - Accessing and sharing call recordings (zoom.com)

Humashankar_0-1712515320903.png

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

This answer is not acceptable. The issue is during a Zoom Meeting. "How does a Zoom Host access the "recorded name" provided by a phone caller when they connect to the he Zoom Meeting?"

Humashankar

Hi @CliveHannah 

Thanks for the insight - to your point - it is right.

When a phone caller joins a Zoom meeting, their recorded name is not directly captured in the recording because they typically connect anonymously through a phone number, and their name is not transmitted to the recording.

Regards

Huma

Thank you. Is this a missing feature or a bug in Zoom Meeting? I was rudely given feedback as "What is the point of leaving my recorded name when I phone in, if you are just going to ask me for my name again when the meeting starts".

I think the person is correct, yet there is nothing I can do as a zoom host to access the 'recorded name" when they phone into the zoom meeting anonymously.

Any suggestions?

Humashankar

Hi @CliveHannah 

You're right, it's more of a missing feature than a bug in Zoom. While system captures participant names, it doesn't currently integrate the recorded name provided by phone callers. The feedback you received makes sense - it can be odd to enter a name and then be asked again

Only suggestion would be to, briefly acknowledge that phone participants won't see their recorded names reflected on the start of meeting and you can also write to zoom support to get that as a future enhancements !!

Warm regards 

Huma