cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I open Zoom from the desktop app rather then the browser?

gourdman
Listener

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreggG_aka_4G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Gourdman - Please check the following settings for your account:

To enable or disable Show "Always Join from Browser" option when joining from join.zoom.us for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Show "Always Join from Browser" option when joining from join.zoom.us toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level and needs to be changed at that level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.

For additional information here is the support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061461051-Showing-Always-Join-from-Browser-option

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GreggG_aka_4G

Hello Gourdman - Please check the following settings for your account:

To enable or disable Show "Always Join from Browser" option when joining from join.zoom.us for your own use:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Advanced), click the Show "Always Join from Browser" option when joining from join.zoom.us toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the group or account level and needs to be changed at that level. You need to contact your Zoom admin.

For additional information here is the support article: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360061461051-Showing-Always-Join-from-Browser-option

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit too.

Gregg Glowinski

This is not an acceptable answer to the question asked. Your solution is for how to present options when HOSTING a Zoom meeting, but does not address an invitee who is forced to join a meeting via browser, when they have a much more stable/consistent/pre-configured experience ready to go in the desktop app.

I have noticed that SOMETIMES this can be ameliorated by signing into the Zoom portal before the meeting start, but it doesn't always work. And there is nowhere in the Zoom app where I can take a meeting invitation URL and just "dump it in" and have the meeting launch. 

This can't be an overlooked feature, any help on how to achieve this? 

jasonfeinberg
Listener

I've tried all of the steps above - also read the support article - and toggling this feature on and off does not resolve them problem. When I click on a Zoom link it still only launches in my browser window. Any additional advice?

345sdsdsd
Listener

any replies to this? Very frustrating

Test16
Listener

The best "solution" I could find is "manually take the meeting ID and password from the URL and put them into the zoom desktop app's corresponding fields when clicking the join button". But I haven't found a way to automate this process.