cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host a meeting after ownership of it is transferred to me

BriMan83
Listener

A colleague of mine transferred ownership of a one-time meeting to me, and I accepted it.  I'm logged into my zoom account, but when I try to start the meeting, it says "please wait for the host to start this meeting".  By transferring the ownership of the meeting, wouldn't that also make me the host?  Or is there something else that needs to be done for the meeting to fully transfer to me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Please describe the process used to transfer the meeting, possibly including a screen shot (with sensitive information redacted).

Transferring ownership of a meeting is commonly done in one of two ways:

• between two user accounts on the same organizational account, with Scheduling Privilege enabled
  • by an account admin from an count that is being deleted to another existing account

Most other ways require Zoom Support Staff intervention. 

It sounds to me like the meeting was not actually transferred to you. If it was, it would show in your list of meetings.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Please describe the process used to transfer the meeting, possibly including a screen shot (with sensitive information redacted).

Transferring ownership of a meeting is commonly done in one of two ways:

• between two user accounts on the same organizational account, with Scheduling Privilege enabled
  • by an account admin from an count that is being deleted to another existing account

Most other ways require Zoom Support Staff intervention. 

It sounds to me like the meeting was not actually transferred to you. If it was, it would show in your list of meetings.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

BriMan83
Listener

I realized I was mistaken in what my coworker did.  I thought he had transferred ownership of the zoom call over to me, but all he did was transfer ownership of the google meeting to me but didn't modify the zoom call at all.  That's where the mistake was.