cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can't schedule a meeting or get help!

gaijinink
Listener

I can't schedule a regular Zoom meeting that I have been scheduling for months. I set up the meeting, but when I click on "save" in order to copy the invite, it now sends me to a Google calendar page ("no event found"), and it seems Zoom wants me to use a Google address (?) rather than my registered address, which I don't want to do. I logged out, then back in, with my normal email address, but no luck. Then I went to the web portal and tried to schedule the meeting there, too. It said that I succeeded, but had the time zone listed as Vietnam, even though my account info says, correctly, I'm on the west coast of the USA. This is an important business meeting for Friday, I hope someone has advice.  Zoom's technical support page won't let me submit my issue, and nothing happens when I click on the chatbot.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @gaijinink,

My advice, any time you run into difficulty, go to the web at Zoom.US and work from there!

Not sure how your time zone got messed up, but when creating a new meeting, always check just to be sure your time zone is selected. If you click in the time zone field, a drop-down selector, ordered by offset from GMT.  See this example:

Ray_Harwood_0-1665022217310.jpeg

Even if you select the edit option of an existing meeting, this same dialog shows up, and you can change the time zone (do this first) then change the time of your meeting as needed based on that selected time zone. 

Ray_Harwood_1-1665022593926.jpeg

I hope that helps!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @gaijinink,

Relating to your Time Zone issues: My buddy Jeff at @ZoomTestKitchen  uncovered what I think is a small bug in the Zoom time zone system. The apparent way to fix some of these odd time zone issues is to set your account’s time zone to something other than your current time zone, save and exit, then come back and set it back to the correct time. I’ve seen reports from several people that this has fixed some issues. It’s worth a try if you’re still having trouble with the time zone. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !