cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hate the new update for chat / showing when people join or leave the call

john1023
Listener

I so hate the new feature in in the Chat that shows whenever someone joins or leaves the zoom call.  HOw do I turn that off to just see the comments.

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewPert
Listener

Yeah, same. When using breakouts in a large meeting, it does it every time people go in and out of the breakout rooms. The chat gets buried by a string of joining and leaving notifications. No thank you.

Meistars
Listener

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 15.21.56.pngAs far as I found out, when you remove this mark from checkbox in a process of scheduling new meeting, you do not have any notifications in chat box. Did not found any other option. Unfortunately you will not have continuous chat feature any more witch is quite cool feature 🙂

john1023
Listener

Thank you for the suggestions but I love the chat between others on the zoom, just hate it when chat gets filled up with the notifications of others getting on the call and getting off the call.  Zoom Tech support won't help me on this.  

You are not disabling chat in zoom. Chat stays during the zoom meeting, but you wont be able to continue chatting after zoom meeting ends. That what new feature of continuous chat does 😉

john1023
Listener

Thank you

shaunpenro
Listener

Would love Zoom to chime in because we HATE this change as well and want to turn it off.

john1023
Listener

I literally have wasted over 20 hours on this issues and Zoom is totally silent on this.  Unless you are spending like a thousand dallars a month on zoom they don't take you serious.  

NigelH
Listener

Hard agree with that.  This new 'feature' renders the group chat frankly totally unusable. Zoom need to fix this as a matter of urgency!