cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Given Host Permissions and Recorded Meeting, can't find the file

nickgio
Listener

Today I joined a Zoom meeting via web browser. I was not the host of the meeting. 

After I joined, I asked the host if he could record the meeting. Rather than record the meeting himself, he gave me host permissions and suggested I record the meeting on my end. 

I started the recording from my web browser, and was notified that the recording had started. 

After we both left the meeting, I tried to find where I could access the recording, but it was not showing in my account. 

I was not a Zoom Pro user at the time of the recording. I have joined Zoom Pro immediately after realizing that the recording isn't in the account. 

Will the original host have access to the recording? Is the recording stored somewhere I am just not aware of? 

8 REPLIES 8

AaronO
Participant

Hi nickgio,

Does the recording show up on your zoom web settings: 

AaronO_0-1689269571926.png

It might be saved Locally if it doesn't show up on the Cloud recording:

AaronO_1-1689269605967.png

It does not show up under my Local Recordings and it does not show up under my Cloud Recordings

Are you a Zoom admin on your company account? If you are, can you check your Recording permissions? 

Go to Admin > user management > users > find your profile > Settings tab > Recording 

AaronO_0-1689271546663.png

Then check if Local and Cloud recording are toggled on

AaronO_1-1689271579811.png

If you aren't an admin, have your Zoom admin check your profile.

It may be that it was defaulted to save on the host's account. Have them check their Cloud/Local recordings to see if they have it.

As mentioned in the original post, the recording was done on the Zoom web client, so the Local Recording would not be relevant. 

I have checked with the original host (who switched the host permissions over to me), and they do not see the recording in their cloud nor locally. 

Hi ! Did you ever get this sorted only I am in the exact same predicament! Thanks 🙏 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Cloud recordings go to the Zoom cloud hosting of the person who scheduled the meeting regardless of who presses record. Transferring host during the meeting does not change this fact.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

OnlyBee
Listener

This happened to one of my guests. I am the host and I can't find the recording anywhere, nor can she!