cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery View but only recording my spotlighted screen

SineadB
Listener

Hi,

I am a coach (yoga/pregnancy/postnatal) and I use Zoom to host and record my classes.

I used to be able to have my veiw set to Gallery View but if I spotlighted myself ONLY my own video is recorded. This seems to have changed recently and even when I spotlight myself, if I change to gallery view and hit record it records everyone in Gallery view.

My use case is that I want to be able to see everyone so that I can see them properly and provide feedback but I ONLY want to record my spotlighted screen as the active speaker because that way I can share the recording whilst also protecting the member's privacy.

I was on 'record active speaker with shared screen' and have now selected 'record gallery, active speaker & shared screen separately' to see if that helps but I don't really want this option as it takes up too much storage space.

Why has this changed and how can I achieve my desired result.

Thanks,

Sinead

3 REPLIES 3

Jelena16
Listener

Hello, did you manage to resolve this issue? We are having a similar one 😞 Thanx a lot if you can share a solution 🙂

FiddlingSuzy
Listener

I am also looking for the answer to this question!

onmybike
Listener

i have only achieved this by using two computers. one on gallery mode as participant and one as host doing the recording.
if there is a solution love to hear.