cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a recording

kerrip2000
Listener

When I started a scheduled meeting last night on my phone, I made another participant the host so she could record it for us.  The meeting was not set up with automatic recordings.  Where would the recording be?  I am using the free Zoom.  

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @kerrip2000, thank you for posting for the first time, and welcome to the Zoom Community! 

When you designate another participant as the host and they start the recording manually, the recording will be saved locally on the host's computer or device.

To locate the recording, the participant who was assigned as the host will need to check the default local recording location set in their Zoom settings. By default, Zoom recordings are stored in the "Documents" folder on Windows or the "Documents" or "Movies" folder on macOS.

Here is a step by step guide on how to find and view your local recordings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thank you for replying so quickly.  She's having trouble getting it converted.

@kerrip2000, if they are having issues converting, have them follow these steps: How to troubleshoot failure to convert a local recording 🙂

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?