cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File conversion failed, leaving a .tmp file nothing elsse

ramjr
Listener

I have searched the forum for an answer and keep getting solutions that suggest clicking on the "dobule_click_to_convert*.zoom" file.  The problem is there is no such file in the recording directory.

These are the files Zoom put in the recording directory:

chat.txt
meeting_saved_chat.txt
recording.conf
video1379309288.mp4.tmp

The .tmp file is reported to be an mp4 file but it does not play in a player.

Can I recover audio and video from the .tmp file?  How?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ramjr
Listener

Perhaps, but there is another possible answer.  I use Google Drive to "transfer" files from the system doing the recording to another system where I do editing work on the video and audio files.

When I went back to the original system where the recording was done, everything was as it should be.

My guess is that the copy process from local disk to Google Drive was interrupted, causing the "problem" at the second system.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

detroituser
Listener

This happened to me too on 4.7.24. May be there was a glitch in their system.  

ramjr
Listener

Perhaps, but there is another possible answer.  I use Google Drive to "transfer" files from the system doing the recording to another system where I do editing work on the video and audio files.

When I went back to the original system where the recording was done, everything was as it should be.

My guess is that the copy process from local disk to Google Drive was interrupted, causing the "problem" at the second system.

ramjr
Listener

For now I'm OK, as I have the fully converted files available to work with.  I will just need to be more careful in the future to be sure everything gets properly copied to Google Drive before shutting down the host system.