cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to download on updated Ventura

SW15
Listener

Apple has updated Ventura and I cannot download Zoom on my new desktop OS.

Zoom had addressed this same issue in the earlier version of Ventura.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

Can you clarify? You can't download it or you can't install it?

If the issue is related to installing MacOS 13 added more security. You can’t install from the downloads folder unless you grant permission in your security and privacy system settings.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders—> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld5a35146/mac 

Another thought Is did you download the correct installer for your cpu architecture?

Regards

View solution in original post

An Apple Support Advisor went through the download and installation process with me today and got the same result: downloaded OK, but installation failed. 
I will make another effort tomorrow using your instructions and will post the outcome. 
Thank you very much. 

View solution in original post

Frank_TB
10 REPLIES 10

Frank_TB

Hi,

Can you clarify? You can't download it or you can't install it?

If the issue is related to installing MacOS 13 added more security. You can’t install from the downloads folder unless you grant permission in your security and privacy system settings.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders—> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld5a35146/mac 

Another thought Is did you download the correct installer for your cpu architecture?

Regards

An Apple Support Advisor went through the download and installation process with me today and got the same result: downloaded OK, but installation failed. 
I will make another effort tomorrow using your instructions and will post the outcome. 
Thank you very much. 

The way I took was: Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> I activated the ZOOM checkbox authorizing by password and problem solved, the app downloaded and installed.

And of course, you must then uncheck that box to prevent the app from accessing your emails, photos, etc.

I unchecked Installer. Is that what you meant?

Thank you Mike, tried this one and it's done. to anyone who's having trouble. again, just go to file and folder then click the arrow sign, allow installer then try to install zoom and it will surely work.

I'm glad you were able to do it LouiePalm.

its working.

thanks

Frank_TB

Zoom is not included under my files and folders. so no need to uncheck. Thanks.