cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faces are very small in Gallery View and very compressed in Speaker View

Cathedral26
Listener

When I am in a meeting, all the participants' faces look wrong -- they are either very small or compressed depending on the view -- and this is making Zoom unusable. I have searched Google, Support, the Zoom Community, and used the Zoom Chatbot and haven't found a solution to this. 

In Gallery View,  faces only take up the top left portion of the yellow box and are very small. They are not filling the entire yellow box, but are taking about 1/8th of the space. Faces are only about 1" wide.

In Speaker View, the speaker's face looks normal and takes the normal amount of space. But the other participants faces along the top of the screen are extremely compressed such that I cannot identify people. Each person's face is about 1/2" wide when it should be much wider. I have example screen shots of both scenarios, and both occur when the Zoom window is maximized or not. 

I am using version 5.17.11 in my Firefox browser on a desktop. I also had this issue in the version previous to 5.17.11. I don't get an error messages about this, it is just how it is. I had no issues until about mid February 2024.  I am a basic member so I cannot get personalized support. Please assist as this is making Zoom unusable. Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

I would strongly recommend using the Zoom client instead of the browser version.

Same problem... doesn't make a difference..

tina9
Listener

I have the same problem ever since zoom updated. I can not find any answer to the problem!!

Cathedral26
Listener

I am using the Zoom client and still having this issue as of 4/7/24. Please assist.

Cathedral26
Listener

Here are two screenshots demonstrating the issue: 

In Gallery View the picture only takes up the upper left part of the yellow box instead of the full box. 

In Speaker view, faces are smashed and cannot be recognizable at the top of the screen.

Stefanni
Listener

Same here

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello everyone!

Our engineering team is investigating this issue. Please contact support if you would like to provide meeting logs to assist in our investigation. I will keep you all updated as I know more. 

Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have the same problem

Yes I'm happy to help the investigation but on zoom basic I don't think I can contact Support, only a bot

Carla,

Thank you for investigating this. I am also a Basic member so I have no way to contact support. I am happy to provide logs if you tell me how to find them and where to send them. If it helps, the last Zoom call I was on where this problem occurred was on Sunday,  April 14, 2024 at 3pm ET. I was not the host but perhaps you can search my history and check the data on that call? Please let me know if I can assist more. Thanks.