cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Zoom H4n Pro microphone available to select but not capturing input (Windows)

Garp
Listener

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone has experienced similar.
I have connected my Zoom H4n Pro recorder as a USB mic. Zoom recognises the mic as an input. However, I am unable to register any audio in the test or on calls. I am able to use my other headset with no issues. Have you ever seen this before? Thanks for your time, G

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Garp if the Zoom H4n Pro is an input device and you're wanting to record audio to the device, assuming the device will need an input source (your mic) unless it has a mic integrated in the Zoom H4n Pro and an output source where the audio can output. If there's an output on the device, assuming you would need to hook up the output of the device to your computer and using the output of the device as an input via USB. Otherwise, if there's not an output resource from the Zoom H4n Pro, doubtful you'll get audio input into the device and outputting through Zoom. 

Suggest looking into this video though on connecting Zoom H4n Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWKrjGmq4fc

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!