cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending a meeting from screen share

Mark-Powell
Listener

When I end screen sharing I see no way for me as the host to end the meeting.  Instead it only ends my screen sharing and since I started the meeting from screen sharing I have no place to end it and a participant has to end the meeting for me.  How do I end a meeting from Screen Sharing?

5 REPLIES 5

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Yes, when you are sharing your screen, you can end the meeting without stopping sharing. When sharing, click More, and End will be at the bottom. I added a screenshot below. If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution.

EMC_web
Listener

The latest update seems to have made this impossible. I have been running webinars since 2020, always screensharing and always have been able to do as you say here. But today that 'end' option was not available until I stopped screensharing (by clicking a new 'Full webinar' option). I want to be able to end the webinar while screensharing, as I always have done.

CathyHejira
Listener

I'm having the same experience.  Please add the End Webinar option back to the floating controls.  There is no way to end the webinar while sharing screen, since the latest update. 

getchepareborda
Listener

Adding my voice to the chorus, it would be really nice to be able to end meetings while screen sharing like we used to.

I often find myself hanging in empty meetings because I can't find the option to exit straight away. Probably a development oversight, since "Leave" has been changed to "Exit". 

Thanks

JohnG23
Observer

Yes this is utterly ridiculous that you can't end a meeting when screen sharing, does nobody actually test these features!