cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTERNAL MONITOR CONNECTED TO IPAD 9TH GEN

lorimand
Listener

Hi. I am about to give up on this idea. I've been working for days trying to fix an issue where only my voice can be heard on zoom meetings. None of the participants' voices can be heard. This is ONLY WHEN USING MY ADAPTER AND EXTERNAL MONITOR.

I bought a brand-new LG monitor and OEM Apple lightning to HDMI, and brand-new cables are being used, both HDMI and lightning cable. I've gone over sounds and settings and can't find anything else to tweak.

When I installed the adapter, it told me to wait until it was finished installing. It never said it did finish, so I rebooted at some point. When the iPad came back on and I started a meeting, I could hear the participants. When I closed that meeting and tried again, no participants' voices could be heard going forward.

Today I started off by restarting my iPad. I had to disconnect everything because, once again, no one could be heard on my end. Once I disconnected the adapter from my iPad and rejoined the meeting, everything was fine.

I have researched my tail off and can't find a solution.  So before I return everything, including the new monitor, does anyone have any suggestions? It DID work twice, but then not again. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you in advance.

I am using iPad 9th Gen.
LG 27” IPS LED FHD AMD FreeSync Monitor (HDMI, DisplayPort)

Apple OEM cables
Brand-new HDMI cable that came with the monitor

2 REPLIES 2

Manuele
Listener

Hi Lory, 

I have a similar problem. I do have my iPad Pro plugged in to an Apple Thunderbolt Display (through a  thunderbolt 3 adapter). The audio works perfectly in any environment while connected, except from the live video calls, I cannot hear the audio while connected on a call and as soon as I close it, I am able to play music and other sounds from the monitor’s speakers, even through the headphones connected, no problem.

I think this is a bug on the Zoom App on iPadOS

Brian_CSH
Listener

4th Gen iPad Pro on 17.3.1 running Zoom 5.17.5 (13040) to an external display over a USB-c cable… Zoom Keeps locking into tribute to use the display for audio and won’t let me switch back to the iPad and won’t let me select my Bluetooth earbuds. Now, If I start watching a video on Youtube to confirm my earbuds are working, then I start a meeting, the earbuds work fine until the next meeting.