cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Monitors

ekadar
Listener

My company works on dual monitors.  For training purposes it would be useful to be able to show both of my screens to the person I am training at the same time.  I've seen the notes on going to settings, general and selecting Use dual monitors check box but when I follow those directions, there is no check box for Use dual monitors.  Would that be based on the product/plan my company purchased or should all paid users be able to see this function?  We sign in through an SSO (if that matters). 

8 REPLIES 8

jcone
Listener

I am looking for the same information.  Can we get a response on this?  We have two applications and use each in a separate monitor; for training, we need to present both screens to show both applications.  Dual monitor settings are on and there is no option for presenting both screens to the participants.

TBS
Listener

I can't see the dual monitor button either.  I've always used the second screen for sharing and it's now only showing on one screen shared with the views of participants which makes any text difficult to read. Please can we get confirmation of how to resolve this? Thanks

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Edit

I think the function you are asking about is called "Share Multiple Desktops"

• Share multiple desktop screens 
    Screen sharing has been enhanced to allow meeting participants to share 2 desktop screens at once. Previously, participants could only share one desktop or multiple different open programs at the same time.

Supported Platforms

Desktop Client - Windows, macOS

Share Two Monitors

Currently, users can select multiple applications to share at one time. This sharing ability will be extended to desktops, allowing users to share two desktops at one time.

• Select the first desktop.
  • Hold down the Tab button. (Command key on Mac)
  • Select the second desktop.
  • Click Share.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 10.16.05 AM.png

from June 20, 2023 version 5.15.0 (17890) release notes. 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

No this is not what I wanted.

In a zoom meeting, when I share my screen (or others share theirs), the shared screen came up on my second screen. So I can see the speaker or participants (depending on the view choice) on my laptop screen and the shared screen details on my separate monitor. For some reason this has stopped happening and now both the shared screen and participants appear together on my laptop screen.

Frank_TB

Please see my edit

Frank_TB

Hello,

My response was for Ekadar.  You should consider starting your own forum post if you have a  different question.

Regards

Hello, I have used this information. And It gets you halfway there. But once the two screens are shared. The participants can see my two screens but both of my screens are on one screen for them. So is there a way for participants to see both monitors on their respective monitors? Instead of split screen?

Frank_TB

Hello,

What you are asking for is an interesting idea, but not how Zoom works at this time. You can submit feedback to Zoom if you want to share this idea with them.

https://zoom.us/feed 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!