cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zoom automatically send email invitation

Tanya5
Listener

I scheduled a meeting on the zoom web on Chrome browser and I added an invitees email address but it doesn't look like it sent an invite out. Does it no longer automatically send out a Zoom invite to the invitee's email address?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Tanya5.

The Zoom Web Portal has never sent out invitations, that I'm aware of.  This new "Invitees" feature is tied to the Meeting Room Chat feature, and invites people to the Continuous Meeting Chat and also adds this meeting to their list of meetings in the Zoom Desktop App (but not in the Web Portal).

If you go to your Settings on the Zoom Web Portal and disable the Enable continuous meeting chat switch, the Invitees section of the Add Meeting window is no longer present.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tom0328.

I’m told that enabling the Continuous Meeting Chat and entering invitees into the list that appears will do this, but I’ve not tested it successfully yet. 

Another option is to install one of the calendar add-on/helpers, available for Outlook and Google, I think. Zoom doesn't send the invite, but your calendar app will while creating the meeting.

Maybe I’m too old school (and too old, too!) but I don’t like trusting one tool to do two separate tasks that are easily accomplished separately unless the process is proven to work reliably under all of my use cases. The email/calendar integration has been proven unreliable, in my opinion, based on the large number of complaints in the Zoom Community. 

I create most of my meetings and all of my webinars in the Zoom Web Client, which (again, in my opinion) is generally the most reliable and bug-free approach; then I copy the invitation and paste into an email in Outlook, where I spend 20-30 seconds removing much of the extraneous material and providing a few sentences of why I believe the meeting is important.

But that’s just me. Plenty of people want a big blue “Make me a Meeting and tell all my attendees about it” button. 😎

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Tanya5.

The Zoom Web Portal has never sent out invitations, that I'm aware of.  This new "Invitees" feature is tied to the Meeting Room Chat feature, and invites people to the Continuous Meeting Chat and also adds this meeting to their list of meetings in the Zoom Desktop App (but not in the Web Portal).

If you go to your Settings on the Zoom Web Portal and disable the Enable continuous meeting chat switch, the Invitees section of the Add Meeting window is no longer present.

Prior to this, when you scheduled a Zoom meeting they would automatically add an email with all the information to Outlook.  All you had to do was add the invitee's email address and they would get it and also be able to respond to the invite.  It is no longer there.   I asked customer support about it and haven't heard back from them.  There is another thread on this site that speaks to the problem.  Anyone know how to enable that feature again, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Join me  

I was having the same problem.  It used to have the email ready to go after I set the new Zoom appointment.  All I had to do was put in the attendee's email address and it would send the email with an option for the attendee to reply to the invite.  It stopped happening all of a sudden.  I contacted support via chat and somehow it came back to the way it was, having the email ready to send.  Not sure what they did, but I know I didn't do anything to have it work again.  It is so much more convienent.  Perhaps contact chat support and explain the problem.  

Hope this helps,

Clement

Yes! I will definitely reach out an see if they can do the same for me via chat.

Hi Ray,

is there an option where Zoom will send out invitations to invitees when we schedule a meeting?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @tom0328.

I’m told that enabling the Continuous Meeting Chat and entering invitees into the list that appears will do this, but I’ve not tested it successfully yet. 

Another option is to install one of the calendar add-on/helpers, available for Outlook and Google, I think. Zoom doesn't send the invite, but your calendar app will while creating the meeting.

Maybe I’m too old school (and too old, too!) but I don’t like trusting one tool to do two separate tasks that are easily accomplished separately unless the process is proven to work reliably under all of my use cases. The email/calendar integration has been proven unreliable, in my opinion, based on the large number of complaints in the Zoom Community. 

I create most of my meetings and all of my webinars in the Zoom Web Client, which (again, in my opinion) is generally the most reliable and bug-free approach; then I copy the invitation and paste into an email in Outlook, where I spend 20-30 seconds removing much of the extraneous material and providing a few sentences of why I believe the meeting is important.

But that’s just me. Plenty of people want a big blue “Make me a Meeting and tell all my attendees about it” button. 😎

Yes! Wheres the BIG BLUE BUTTON. I NEED IT!

Tanya5
Listener

Thank you Ray! I must have had my video meeting platforms confused 🙂

Prior to this, when you scheduled a Zoom meeting they would automatically add an email with all the information to Outlook.  All you had to do was add the invitee's email address and they would get it and also be able to respond to the invite.  It is no longer there.   I asked customer support about it and haven't heard back from them.  There is another thread on this site that speaks to the problem.  Anyone know how to enable that feature again, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Clement

I never had an issue with invitations automatically being emailed until I upgraded to Pro. I assumed my clients received emails with the link but they had not. Very confusing. I know we can copy the invitation but I have a lengthy letter in "details" that does not get copied. 

Anyone find a solution or get an answer from support? I cannot find the other chat you referred to. Thanks!

Yes, I had the same experience however something has changed - my invitations no longer get added to Outlook and invitees don't receive the invitation! Thanks in advance for any help with this. 

Clement1
Listener

I was having the same problem.  It used to have the email ready to go after I set the new Zoom appointment.  All I had to do was put in the attendee's email address and it would send the email with an option for the attendee to reply to the invite.  It stopped happening all of a sudden.  I contacted support via chat and somehow it came back to the way it was, having the email ready to send.  Not sure what they did, but I know I didn't do anything to have it work again.  It is so much more convienent.  Perhaps contact chat support and explain the problem.  

Hope this helps,

Clement

Yes, this feature was unfortunately deprecated. We used to invite clients to appointments directly from Zoom. Now what we do is we create out Zoom meetings in Salepager and specify the emails there so that invitations and reminders are sent directly to clients. 

sylva
Listener

I have exactly the same problem - zoom customer support were not very helpful. moving to another platform...

USSER1
Listener

Having the same problem - not sure what's the point of asking all the emails if it doesn't send it for us.

Listener

Thank you