cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directly Launching Zoom by clicking on Link without redirection

Usul
Listener

Hello,
How can I make it so that when I click on a Zoom link, the program starts directly instead of being redirected to the browser and only then starting the program? - If thats possible

I know I can write Meeting ID and Passwort to directly Launch (Meeting) Zoom Program but is it doable by only using Zoom Link without redirection? 

It's just because sometimes Zoom wont start after my Browser gave him this order; sometimes loading times of my Browser are quite long and sometimes people dont share their Meeting ID & Passwort.

Thank you for reply 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

storyhub
Community Champion | Customer

YES!! It is possible to launch Zoom into a meeting from a Windows shortcut.

1. Right click on the desktop.

2. Select new>shortcut

3. Enter %AppData%\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe "--url=zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=<your_conference_number>&pwd=<hashed_password>" for the location.

You can extract the conference_number and hashed_password from the Zoom link the host would have sent.

View solution in original post

storyhub

Linux has a lot of flavors. On Ubuntu the following usually works /bin/xdg-open zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=MEETING_ID&pwd=passcode (this may work with non-hashed or hashed passcode)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

VincentKITOBI
Listener

comment ouvrir ZOOM sans complication ? Commentaire

storyhub

YES!! It is possible to launch Zoom into a meeting from a Windows shortcut.

1. Right click on the desktop.

2. Select new>shortcut

3. Enter %AppData%\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe "--url=zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=<your_conference_number>&pwd=<hashed_password>" for the location.

You can extract the conference_number and hashed_password from the Zoom link the host would have sent.

Usul
Listener

Thank you storyhub!

It partially worked out for me. I have a Linux OS (Flatpak Zoom Version) and followed your steps. I've made a shortcut with the following location:

/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=zoom --file-forwarding us.zoom.Zoom @@u %U @@ "--url=zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=<your_conference_number>&pwd=<hashed_password>"

By launching the Shortcut; Zoom Menu launched and a window in which I can type in a Meeting ID appeared aswell. After pasting a Zoom Link in it, it shows me "Personal Link-Name incorrect" - And I can only close the window.

If you may have a shortcut solution for Linux OS aswell, I really would appreciate it but Iam allready happy with the solution you presented in your last sentence. That both informations are inside the Link. ID Number is quite easy to see but I didnt know that I can copy the passwort after ...pwd=... from the Link.

I've found this thread that explained it me more clear: https://allthings.how/how-to-find-zoom-meeting-password/

Thank you 🙂

storyhub

Linux has a lot of flavors. On Ubuntu the following usually works /bin/xdg-open zoommtg://zoom.us/join?action=join&confno=MEETING_ID&pwd=passcode (this may work with non-hashed or hashed passcode)

Usul
Listener

Ohh, I understand now. I missunderstood something before. I didnt typed in (or replaced) the Meeting ID and Passcode, I can extract from the Link, inside the Location of the Shortcut. I thought I have to put the Link inside the window that pop ups in which I can enter ID/ "Personal Link Name".

So this Shortcut is a way to directly open a specific presaved Meeting rather than a general copy paste solution (I expected to be)...

So it's working now. Funnily the location I shared before is working aswell. (I have Linux Mint)

Thank you once again. 🙂