cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop audio not pushing through screen share

beefrobo
Listener

Hello,  I've detected a problem with screen share audio when participating in a meeting.

On one of my PCs, I have a Plantronics headset that I use to communicate during Zoom meetings.  It works fine during meetings and during screen share, however, the participants in the room are not receiving audio from my screen share whenever I start it.

After some tinkering, I found that I had to actually switch my windows speaker device to the headset so that participants were receiving the audio from my screen share.  This also switches the audio from my computer to play through my headset instead of through my speakers.

As soon as I switch the audio device back to normal, the audio stops being pushed through screen share.

My microphone always works, participants can hear me, they just cannot hear my screen share audio.

I don't see any other settings to correct this, so I think an update to Zoom is required.  A section in the Audio options to select where screen share audio is coming from would be extremely helpful...if possible.

In general, I should be able to use my headset and screen share with audio without having to change my default speakers  in windows.

3 REPLIES 3

zoomer_tom
Attendee

Did you check the "share computer audio" box on the share screen selection window?

Yes, I do click the share computer audio box.   As soon as I select my headset as my default windows audio device, sound from my share screen does transmit to participants in the call.  When I switch the default device back to my computers on-board audio, the audio stops.  I can do this live while in a call.

I'm having a similar problem. The shared audio volume is now dependent on the setting of output volume in my computer as well as the setting on the application (youtubs in my case). Previous versions relied only on the application volume. Everything would be good but the volume is decrease about 50% of what the volume was without the control from the computer's output volume. What this means for me is that before I share a video I need to turn up the computers volume and after a share I need to adjust it down otherwise the volume without the share is too loud. What is needed is a separate volume control for share video/audio. Or somehow adjust the shared audio default levels louder. Everyone in the meeting had problems hearing the shared video music. Can you revert this volume control option to remove it?