cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Immersive View

ScottP
Listener

When using Immersive view and a "custom background", has anyone had trouble removing their own image as a host? My use-case is to set up the zoom meeting and be the controller for Immersive View for a panel discussion. The problem is when I add my own custom image for Immersive, I have no way to get rid of my Video.  My name doesn't even show up in the list of names when you manually add people in the meeting who you want to be on-screen. My video just automatically pops into the immersive view when I launch. I cannot even "x-out" my video once Immersive view is started with the custom image. When I use the zoom default images, I can keep my image from showing up or x it out once immersive is started. Is this a glitch in Immersive View?

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ScottP 

When using your own virtual background as the Immersive scene, it is using your virtual background exactly as it appears when outside of Immersive view, thus you have no control of your size/shape. I would recommend uploading a custom scene, instead of using your video as the immersive scene, which will allow for all participant videos to be adjusted:

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.05.27.png
Just tested this on my end and had no issues resizing my video. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

ScottP
Listener

Hi @Bort ! 

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Not sure what happened but my reply did not hold for some reason, sorry if it suddenly doubles up. 

I was not using my background as the immersive view scene. I had done what you illustrated above and added a custom image following the specs on zoom. Then when I "Place participants into view" Manually, I see their names in a small box where I can x-them out if I don't want them in the view on-screen. The problem is that my name, as host, does not show up in this list to x-out. I tried starting the immersive view anyway and my video square was not able to be x'd out or dragged out of the immersive view. This only happens when I use a custom immersive scene. When I use the defaults, I am able to remove my video from the Immersive view. 

Bort

Hi @ScottP , 

I see what you mean. I would assume this is just a limitation of Immersive Views, since only the host can start this view, but can understand your use case and that it's odd that the limitation is only for the custom option. I'd suggest submitting some feedback about that so that our teams can evaluate that and consider changing that logic to allow the host to be hidden.