cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by plans - what plan do I need for these types of meetings?

Monomeeth
Listener

I need to organise anywhere between 1 and 5 meetings per year, with at least 1 of them having to go for an hour or more.

I need to allow up to 8 participants.

Since at least one of these meetings needs to go for 1hr or more, it's clear I can't use the 'Basic' plan. So, I assume I can use the 'Pro' plan. However, I just wanted to confirm this is correct?

The only reason for my confusion is the Plans page lists the price in terms of $ per year / per user. Am I correct in assuming that's just talking about the $ cost for the account holder, and not for each meeting attendee?

This is not for business or govt purposes, so if we each had to pay for a 'Pro' plan in order to meet then Zoom wouldn't be the product/service for us.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Hello. You are correct that the Basic plan will not work. I have the Pro plan and have had it for at least six years. That is the plan you want for what you described. You can pay monthly or annually, but you only need to pay for yourself. So, if you pay $13.33 a month/user annual, that would be $159.96 a year upfront. I'm using those numbers as an example. You can pay month to month, but it would be more than $13.33 a month.
You can host as many meetings as you want. For example, you do not pay when you invite someone to your meeting. If I host a meeting for two hours and invite 50 people, my price does not change. I'm still paying my monthly or annual fee. I'm still the user. 

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chrismenard7

Hello. You are correct that the Basic plan will not work. I have the Pro plan and have had it for at least six years. That is the plan you want for what you described. You can pay monthly or annually, but you only need to pay for yourself. So, if you pay $13.33 a month/user annual, that would be $159.96 a year upfront. I'm using those numbers as an example. You can pay month to month, but it would be more than $13.33 a month.
You can host as many meetings as you want. For example, you do not pay when you invite someone to your meeting. If I host a meeting for two hours and invite 50 people, my price does not change. I'm still paying my monthly or annual fee. I'm still the user. 

If this answers your question, please click Accept as Solution.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @Monomeeth.

The info from @chrismenard7 is correct, but based on your situation, I have a recommendation for you.

Note that while you’re on a Basic/free plan, you are limited to 40 minutes per meeting, and subject to waiting 10 minutes before starting a new meeting. 

If most of your meetings can be handled with a Basic plan, then you can subscribe to a Pro plan monthly for $15.99+tax when you need the longer Meeting, and just cancel the Pro plan before it renews. If you only need it one month out of the year, it’s under $20 total; if you need it two different months, under $40.  If you end up needing it a lot more, the Annual plan is it best value. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !