cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud recording confusion

muhith
Listener

Hi Colleagues, 

I did a recording of a meeting event via Zoom Cloud with an Android phone but the result only shows the participants video coming in and out (who ever was speaking) and not what the device was actually showing to the participants. I did confirm that the participants could see the host camera view but this was not what was recorded. I am a bit confused. Was I meant to pin the host device camera or how do you ensure what is actually recorded? Also, I seem to see different menu options for Windows, IOS and Androids Apps. I got emailed links to the mp4 recording and the text (Audio) transcripts fine. I assume there is no way to recover the host camera view in this case? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @muhith.

Sorry, neither Cloud nor Local recordings are designed to show exactly what appears on-screen.  I recommend reading the following Zoom Support article for more information:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040771752-Recording-meetings-locally-and-to-the-cloud 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Sorry maybe I was not clear I am recording an event and want the host camera to be recorded. Is this possible as it appears that only the participants camera’s are being recorded instead of only the host as the host is only showing the camera and not speaking. I believe the Cloud recording settings has the options to have seperate recordings for ‘Record active speaker with shared screen, Record gallery view with shared screen’ etc.