cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud audio tracks not in sync

bigcaat
Listener

Okay. So, recently I posted to find out how to record both separate audio tracks and video tracks. (See that here: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Individual-audio-and-video-tracks-for-editing/m-p/120084#M687...)

I thought all was fixed except now, even though I have figured out where to find my audio tracks, when I download them, they are out of sync! I can put the Gallery view along with the main view and it all syncs up perfectly, but when I place the audio tracks in the timeline, they are shorter and out of sync. Even if I sync up one area, the rest is still out of sync.

I'm so frustrated. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi again, @bigcaat.

What are you using for editing?

I use Premiere Pro, and I can create a sequence with a video file and drag the separate audio files into audio tracks underneath, and they line up perfectly every time. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

bigcaat
Listener

Final Cut Pro X.

Ray_Harwood

Hmmm. Not sure why there would be a duration difference.  Is there a way to set the duration the same, like in Premiere Pro?

Ray_Harwood_0-1686444820842.png

It's not a fix - just a workaround.

Here's the files loading into Premiere Pro:

Ray_Harwood_2-1686444962419.png

And a sequence with just the uncut video and audio:

Ray_Harwood_3-1686445147104.png

You can see that I've muted the main audio on gallery_view.mp4, and then cut/disabled certain parts of the ISO audio tracks to reduce noise and crosstalk.  I have been dragging this sequence in for audio with a Multi-Cam video sequence that has Active Speaker and Gallery in camera 1 and 2.  Switching between them as the Active Speaker view changes is pretty easy.  The result looks decent (not "professional" by any means, but way better than the raw Zoom video!).

Check on Final Cut forums to see if anyone else has had this issue?  I don' t know anything about Final Cut, sorry!

(added later...)

Decided I'd come back and show the sequence with all the camera cuts, for anyone that happens by and wonders what it looks like:

Ray_Harwood_4-1686445719839.png

I have a colored background matte, and you can see the cuts which switch back and forth between MC1 (Active Speaker) and MC2 (Gallery), and the ISO Audio Sequence is laid in on track A2.  There were a few locations with ripple deletes where major "dead air" occurs, but most of it is continuous dialogue.  I use markers to highlight segments I plan to come back and harvest for a "highlights" video.  (These meetings occur "mostly-monthly.")

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

bigcaat
Listener

Thanks so much for this. Changing duration doesn't seem to work. The odd thing is, if I save just the audio to my computer, it's fine. It's only when I record it to the cloud so I can also have the video. <sigh>

I'll checkout some FCP forums. Thank you so much for your time. I'll post back if I find a cause or solution.