cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking a recurring email link signs me in as the owner of the account?

bendnathan
Listener

Hello! I'm trouble-shooting an issue on behalf of the church I attend.

We have a paid Zoom account for Zoom meetings at our church. There are 3 users on the account besides the owner.

Recently, one of the users clicked on the recurring meeting link to join the Sunday morning meeting, and ended up joining as the account owner. The owner of the account had launched the meeting already, so 2 of him appeared in the meeting. 

I do not believe that this user had signed into the Zoom app using the owner's credentials before clicking on the link.

I do not believe she even signed into the Zoom app before clicking on the email link.

I believe her process was to simply go into her email account and click on the recurring meeting link to join. For some reason, she joined as the owner.

She had not attempted to join by Zoom for months, as she almost always is in-person for our Sunday meetings. Though, I do not believe she had this issue in the past, at least I had never heard of this issue before.

Another piece to this that may help is the email used for the account is a shared common church email that both the primary account owner and the users use from time to time. I believe she accessed the recurring email link from her personal email account, rather than the shared one, but I'm not sure. Perhaps that is what could be going on here?

Any thoughts as to what might be going on would be appreciated. Thank you so much. 🙂

Nathan

0 REPLIES 0