cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat blocked from a group which has been running for 3 years

Kelly1972
Listener

I have a Zoom group weekly meeting which has been working since the beginning of the pandemic.  For the last 2 weeks I am the only person in the group who can no longer receive or send messages or images, I either get the red exclamation and 'Message could not be sent' when I try to send text or the spinning wheel for images.  I cannot see what anyone else has put in the chat either.  I have left and rejoined the group.  Zoom is working fine outside of this group.  It also has started to show that there are 'external user(s) present.  I assume this is as I have a business account and they are outside of my business.

I have been through the settings looking for anything obvious. 

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be most welcome!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @Kelly1972,

This seems like it could be difficult to diagnose without more info. Can I assume from your description that you are not the owner of the Chat Group?  There might be some settings that changed on their end – maybe at the Admin level. 

I’m sending you a private message with my contact info to set up a test group, and I’ll tweak the settings til it works (or if it works to start … until I break it!).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Kelly1972,

Got your PM saying that the problem had "fixed itself".  I suspect, if you are an "external contact" for the organization where the group was created, that some administrative setting was responsible, and was subsequently fixed.

If it happens again, reach out and we'll figure out what causes it!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !