cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Host of a Reoccurring Meeting as an admin

dbridges
Listener

Hello, I am an admin over our university zoom account. I've had a department come to me asking if I can change the host of a reoccurring meeting that they use twice a week. The original host/creator of the meeting is no longer at the university. Is there a way an admin can set the host of a reoccurring meeting as someone else?
Thank you for your time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

This one is tricky, but doable.

1.) First, you need to make sure the original host's account is re-activated (even temporarily for this maneuver).

2.) From the admin portal - > Users, navigate to the original host's account and give yourself scheduling priveliges (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege)

3.) If moving to a new host's account, do the same for them and grant yourself scheduling priveliges to the destination host's account

4.) Navigate to your own meetings (personal) and select the calendar of the current (old) meeting owner. Hover over the meeting title for the recurring meeting and select 'edit'. In this case 'edit all instances'.

5.) You will now see a 'schedule for' dropdown. Select the new/destination host and save changes.

6.) The meeting owner has now been changed, but meeting ID and passcode should stay persistent.

7.) Revoke scheduling priveliges (if desired) and deactivate old user (if desired).

This is a complex maneuver, but it definitely works! Let me know if you run into any snags along the way. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bstrelko

This one is tricky, but doable.

1.) First, you need to make sure the original host's account is re-activated (even temporarily for this maneuver).

2.) From the admin portal - > Users, navigate to the original host's account and give yourself scheduling priveliges (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362803-Using-scheduling-privilege)

3.) If moving to a new host's account, do the same for them and grant yourself scheduling priveliges to the destination host's account

4.) Navigate to your own meetings (personal) and select the calendar of the current (old) meeting owner. Hover over the meeting title for the recurring meeting and select 'edit'. In this case 'edit all instances'.

5.) You will now see a 'schedule for' dropdown. Select the new/destination host and save changes.

6.) The meeting owner has now been changed, but meeting ID and passcode should stay persistent.

7.) Revoke scheduling priveliges (if desired) and deactivate old user (if desired).

This is a complex maneuver, but it definitely works! Let me know if you run into any snags along the way. 

This worked perfectly for what I needed to do! Thank you so much.