cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot sign in unless I upgrade - can't upgrade without signing in.

DJMarvinArtist
Listener

Does anyone out on this discussion board know how to fix this issue? I don't really know which Discussion group I should be looking in.
I have had a standing Zoom meeting on Monday evenings at 7pm EST for at least two years. I have a paid account (Zoom One Pro). When I attempted to open my Zoom desktop app tonight, I was told I needed to upgrade to a higher version in order to sign on. I went to the Zoom website and downloaded the latest installation file. When I attempted to run the install I received a message to login to Zoom to do the upgrade. Of course when I tried to login I was back to the message about upgrading in order to sign in. I said some unrepeatable words and then logged into my Zoom account through my browser. I couldn't get anywhere with the help assistant which told me my account does not have access to chat support. What??? More unspeakable words were uttered. I am the account owner. I am the IT administrator. This is a PAID account not the freebie. In fact I even checked to make sure the account was paid up and active. It is and doesn't renew until May.
Aside from the fact I had to cancel the meeting because I can't get to it on my PC, I have to wonder why , as a paying customer, I don't have the ability to chat with a support representative. As a one-person company it doesn't make sense to upgrade to the next level. The Zoom One Pro has worked quite well up until tonight.

I did discover that I could start the meeting from my online account but by then all the participants had gone off to do other things.

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @DJMarvinArtist do you mind attaching a screenshot of the prompt about having to upgrade before signing on? This will help me further look into this prompt that you're experiencing.  

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

MarshaZ
Listener

I am having the same problem. Very angry at Zoom right now. Have to teach a class in AM and cannot get in.. All of sudden no support.  Information Zoom  puts  out too confusing

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MarshaZ welcome to the community! Could you please elaborate on your issues? Do you have trouble signing into the Zoom desktop client? Or, are you having issues attending a meeting? Once I have a better understanding of your problem, I can work with you to troubleshoot it!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!