cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open Zoom app, website, or call into meeting.

ddotcom12
Listener

Hi. I've had a Zoom account for a couple years now. Most of the time it works fine. I use it most of the time for MEETINGS. Sometimes it will not open. I have not changed anything in permissions, settings, account and my internet connection is fine. It just does not open. Here's the weirdest part. When this happens, it will not allow me to CALL into meetings using my cell phone. It will say "that passcode does not exist." It will not allow me to visit the zoom website either. I've been using computers daily for 30+ years and this is hands down the oddest thing i've encountered. Attached are screen shots of the error codes. 

I've tried rebooting my computer....of course. It just doesn't work. What DOES work is turning off my computer for at least 8 hours....then it will work.....like nothing happened.

I'm not typing in the link wrong, i'm not accidentally calling the wrong number....and my colleagues are able to get into the meetings....it's just me that cannot.

This has happened to me about 4 times now. Honestly, it seems impossible to me that the app, the zoom website, and my cell phone could be equally affected—but, it is what it is. Would love to know if anyone else has ever encountered this. MacOS Monterey v 12.6.5 macbook pro apple M1 pro, 2021

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ddotcom12 welcome to the community! Are you able to update to Ventura 13.3.1? I am running Ventura 13.3.1 and Zoom 5.14.7 as of May 9, with no issues. Would suggest updating your OS and Zoom if available? 

Here are some knowledge base articles and recommendations for troubleshooting: 

- Zoom error on macOS: You are unable to connect to Zoom

Cant connect to Zoom 

I also see you're unable to access https://zoom.us? As I would check your network connection by opening a browser and ensure that you can access https://zoom.us, if you're unable to connect suggest taking a look into configuring your firewall/proxy settings if setup: Zoom network firewall or proxy server settings

You can also utilize the Zoom Network Connectivity Tool to troubleshoot network connectivity issues between the Zoom desktop client and Zoom services, the Network Connectivity Tool can run network tests and potentially provide greater insight into network issues.. 

Run some of these troubleshooting suggestions and let me know if any were helpful in the process! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thanks much for your response. Right now all is working....like I said in my post, it happens randomly, it only affects Zoom and all Zoom related apps/software, and then if I turn off my computer for a period of 6-8 hours, it resolves itself. The network is not the culprit....and yes, I realize, this is the strangest thing ever. I'm not 100% ready to update to Ventura. I like to wait a good year before I update new Mac OSs -- I've been using Macs since the early 1990s and I know how they operate   😄    If that's the culprit, I guess I'll have to live with it until I'm ready to update...prob sometime in October. Next time it happens I'll do the Zoom Network Connectivity test.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@ddotcom12 keep me in the loop! Thank you!! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!