cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot launch Zoom Meeting from an email link on my Lenovo Tab M10 Plus

cudeca
Listener

I have just bought a Linovo Tab M10 Plus 3rd Generation, running Android 12. The Zoom app is installed.

When I click on the Zoom Meeting link in an email, it takes me to a Zoom webpage that says "Click Open on the dialog shown by your browser. If you don't see a dialog, click Launch Meeting below."

There is no dialog box, so I click "Launch Meeting". There is a flicker and nothing happens

I can join the meeting from any one of our other devices (Dell PCs, iPhone 13; Samsung Galaxy phone) in this way.

On this Tab M10 Plus, I can sign into Zoom and join this meeting with the Meeting ID and Passcode.

Can anyone help me join the meeting from the link in the email? Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I figured it out, which wasn't easy (googling the issue mostly brought up suggestions that the Android app needed to be installed). It's in Android Settings/Apps/Choose Default apps /Opening links. Make sure "open links in apps" is already On (mine was) then go down to Zoom, make sure" Open supported links" is on (again, mine was) then click on Supported web addresses - where on my tablet nothing was turned on from a list of possible options. Select the ones that resemble URLs you receive (I chose a couple of zoom.us) or maybe all of them?

This should not be so obscure and hard to get to.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app just to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything obvious, and this setting was never offered. Hope this works for you. 

View solution in original post

I resolved the issue by uninstalling the zoom app, then clearing the cache AND the storage on the Play Store app, then installing the Zoom app, then clearing the cache and storage on the newly installed Zoom app. Clearing the cache wasn't enough. 

Having read your solution, I have found that no URLs were selected as "supported", so to help avoid problems in the future, I have selected zoom.com and zoom.us. I don't recognize any of the others.

Thanks

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @cudeca 

Do you have Intune installed on your tablet?
If your email app is controlled by Intune, you will not be able to transfer the meeting ID embedded in the email link to another app.
If Intune is installed, you need to use the Zoom for Intune app (icon with the lock).

I don't have Intune on the tablet. I had to look it up to find out what it is. But thanks for replying.

Do you own a tablet? You will not be able to transfer the meeting ID embedded in the email link to another app if your email app is controlled by Intune. You need to use the zoom for in tune app if it is installed.

JanAugCPA
Listener

I have the same exact problem, on my new Galaxy S8 tablet. I am quite proficient at Zoom with a pro account, I have loaded the app and signed it in, and I can start a meeting or I can join other meetings with the meeting number and passcode, but the Android app on the new tablet simply will not open from a link in an email. Links still work fine on the old tablet and on my android phone. The tablet definitely does not have an app called Intune. I have requested tech support. 

I figured it out, which wasn't easy (googling the issue mostly brought up suggestions that the Android app needed to be installed). It's in Android Settings/Apps/Choose Default apps /Opening links. Make sure "open links in apps" is already On (mine was) then go down to Zoom, make sure" Open supported links" is on (again, mine was) then click on Supported web addresses - where on my tablet nothing was turned on from a list of possible options. Select the ones that resemble URLs you receive (I chose a couple of zoom.us) or maybe all of them?

This should not be so obscure and hard to get to.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app just to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything obvious, and this setting was never offered. Hope this works for you. 

I resolved the issue by uninstalling the zoom app, then clearing the cache AND the storage on the Play Store app, then installing the Zoom app, then clearing the cache and storage on the newly installed Zoom app. Clearing the cache wasn't enough. 

Having read your solution, I have found that no URLs were selected as "supported", so to help avoid problems in the future, I have selected zoom.com and zoom.us. I don't recognize any of the others.

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed note. However, this did not work for me on the Lenovo Tab. The only thing that finally worked was clearing data and cache in Google Chrome and then trying to login or launch zoom from calendar link. Hope this helps others who continue to face the problem. 

You absolutely did figure it out. Thank you so much!

JanAugCPA, you are a lifesaver, I just upgraded from old Android 10 tablet to new Android 13 tablet, and immediately began encountering this issue, whereas for years I could just click on a zoom.us meeting URL and it would take me right into the meeting room. Was trying everything to fix to no avail. THANK YOU so much for the solution!

How were you able to select the zoom url's from Supported Web Addresses?  I am not able to click on the 4 that popped up.  Two have asterisk bu them. 

Well, dang it, KDJ, my tablet now has Android 14 and it looks like something has changed - the option  "Supported web addresses", which previously opened a long checkbox list of addresses is no longer there. Coincidentally  I have been scratching my head over the same issue on my new phone (related to a different app which is no longer opening from email links ) which is where I encountered this new inability to add verified links. I hadn't realized this had also affected my tablet (I don't zoom on my phone) because the extra links I added last year are still there and email links are still working fine on the tablet. 

Did I already say Dang!?!

Wish I knew what to tell you. I spent quite some time just yesterday trying to research this but I'm not getting relevant results. I'll keep trying. Super-frustrating. 

fozia5
Listener

My Samsung Galaxy S8 tablet is experiencing the same exact problem as yours, on my brand new tablet. Zoom works quite well with a pro account, I've downloaded the app and signed in, and I'm able to start meetings and join other meetings with the meeting number and passcode, but the Android app on the new tablet doesn't open from an email link. My older tablet and Android phone still work fine with links. Intune is not available on the tablet. My tech support request has been submitted. 

alistan
Listener

Does anyone have a solution for why I have just recently been unable to launch a zoom meeting from my desktop (until now, I had no problems)? 

Shackste
Listener

I had the same Problem and the accepted solutions didn't help.

All I had to do is disable "desktop site" (3 dots top right).

This worked for me.

I think there may be confusion here! Are you talking about a desktop computer? Which is what I have. In which case, where on the screen is the desktop site you mention?

This worked for me on my Galaxy Tab S8 using Chrome browser. (Click 3 dots on top right, uncheck the desktop site box)